Hacking Stupid Newbie Question

arogance1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On M3 DS Real, is there any way to delete files without having to take the card and and do it on a PC.
The feature is there on R4, so I'm thinking i'm just really stupid

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stupid GBATemp Advanced Fan Reply.

Okay but seriously I dont think so. I haven't got one so I dont KNOW for sure. Check the official review and see if it says anything about file managment.

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
arogance1 said:
On M3 DS Real, is there any way to delete files without having to take the card and and do it on a PC.
The feature is there on R4, so I'm thinking i'm just really stupid
Get DSOrganize, lets you edit text files, rename, delete, move/copy files on your MicroSD card.

Demi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This was one of the things I instantly noticed when going from M3 Simply to M3 Real.

I'd rather not have to rely on third party software just to delete a file, or old save (since the new firmware leaves your .0 when converting to .sav)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
To delete an old save, use select when a game is highlighted. It will give a series of options for the save, such as "default->1" to backup your save, "1->default" to restore a backup, and "blank" to erase the default save.

As for deleting games, that's something that M3 Real left out, probably because of the number of times people (like my friend) accidentally deleted their games. Personally, I'd rather use the computer to delete games, because I wouldn't want to risk making mistakes with third party homebrew.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Originality said:
To delete an old save, use select when a game is highlighted. It will give a series of options for the save, such as "default->1" to backup your save, "1->default" to restore a backup, and "blank" to erase the default save.
Yes, I was just about to write this..You beat me to it..
wink.gif

I think that it would be nice to have a delete option, but then again, if you think about it..Why would you want to delete some game from the Real when you can't write anything to that empty space without computer!
But having an option is always better than not having an option!!

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Toni Plutonij said:
Originality said:
Yes, I was just about to write this..You beat me to it..
wink.gif

I think that it would be nice to have a delete option, but then again, if you think about it..Why would you want to delete some game from the Real when you can't write anything to that empty space without computer!
But having an option is always better than not having an option!!
sure you can.
with one of rudolph's backup tools you can put games on your microSD from original games..

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
thedicemaster said:
sure you can.
with one of rudolph's backup tools you can put games on your microSD from original games..
Yes, I knew that..I don't think that lots of people do that..
But I admit I've wrote the bad comment..As I said, it would be nice to have that option, but I really don't miss it that much..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://gfuel.com/products/goth-gf-collectors-box?utm_source=Klaviyo_campaign&utm_medium=email&ut...