Hacking Stupid Mistakes

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so about a year ago i bought a R4 GOLD 3ds deluxe that only supported 4.1-4.5 cuz it was cheaper than the other cards ATM and i thought they would update their firmware and such yet i come here a while after and see that straight up nothing has changed is there any CFW or anything like that for the R4 gold 3ds deluxe that anyone has worked on I know i should have bought the other flashcards but again mistakes LOL thank you for the help guys

D

Deleted User

If I understand what you're saying, installing the altered flashcart whitelist will let you launch it. There's also Apache Thunder's slot-1 launcher.

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there a guide to that ? i'm trying to play 3ds games like the card advertised and my sysNand i think is 5.0 ~ i would have to find me 2DS to tell u exactly

D

Deleted User

is there a guide to that ? i'm trying to play 3ds games like the card advertised and my sysNand i think is 5.0 ~ i would have to find me 2DS to tell u exactly
You don't need a guide to install the flashcart whitelist? You just install it and you should be good to go.
Of course, you need CFW to install it.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have CFW... do as suggested and either ditch the card completely or use flashcard whitelist CIA.
If you dont, regardless really, the R4 youre referring to (assuming its real and not a clone) supports up to sysNAND 10.5.
The website has the updated firmware youd need: http://www.r4ids.cn/

D

Deleted User

If you have CFW... do as suggested and either ditch the card completely or use flashcard whitelist CIA.
If you dont, regardless really, the R4 youre referring to (assuming its real and not a clone) supports up to sysNAND 10.5.
If that doesn't work, I'd suggest using YSMenu.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
so about a year ago i bought a R4 GOLD 3ds deluxe that only supported 4.1-4.5 cuz it was cheaper than the other cards ATM and i thought they would update their firmware and such yet i come here a while after and see that straight up nothing has changed is there any CFW or anything like that for the R4 gold 3ds deluxe that anyone has worked on I know i should have bought the other flashcards but again mistakes LOL thank you for the help guys
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
This is R4i Gold 3DS Deluxe, which is a 3DS-mode flashcart and only works on 4.x

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People need to Stop and read, he's trying to use the old r4 GATEWAY clone card that plays .3ds roms not an r4 ds flashcart.

Yeah everybody already knows thats.
Either way, our information should help him.
Maybe dont post just to be negative, without providing any help.

Though, OP, more info would be nice. Such as your current system version and ultimate end goal.
Do you want online? Did existing games stop working? Why are you curious as to updating your r4?

Edit - I read the website too fast. Thought they supported 10.5 with the deluxe card.. I see now its just the DS one. I never owned a R4 Deluxe, I didnt think itd be so far behind the standard. Kinda ass backwards if you ask me. But maybe they just gave that life up after CFW dropped the way it has since then.

Last edited by nickwhit,

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i will report back very soon guys my bad on not keeping up reading a bunch of stuff everywhere :) thank you so much for the help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are there any CFW that i would be able to perform for free?

D

Deleted User

i will report back very soon guys my bad on not keeping up reading a bunch of stuff everywhere :) thank you so much for the help

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

are there any CFW that i would be able to perform for free?
All of them can be set up for free.

drukoz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you link me to a tutorial ? I haven't kept up with 3ds news and stuff so I barely know about this stuff sorry for being a noob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?