Gaming Stuck volume button

dayjay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My DSi is pretty old but it's been alright so far with no major issues aside from the L and R buttons occasionally not responding but that's easily fixed.
Unfortunately it seems the volume buttons are no longer working and now I have no sound.
I've tried blowing on them and pressing them as hard as I can but it doesn't seem to work.
Any suggestions?

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I can try and help you :)

What i would check first is the volume/sd ribbon that's connected to motherboard.
Maybe it's loose and you just have to reconnect it.

Let's open up the DSi.
It has 5 visible screws (1 black above the game slot) and two behind the battery cover.

The screws are normal philips (star) screws, so you don't need that fancy triwing nintendo screwdriver!
Here's a great step by step disassembly.

The orange flex cable you can see on the bottom part of the dsi as shown on the last pictures is the one we want to poke around.
If it already was disconnected when you removed the bottom part, reconnect and check if the volume works.

If it doesn't, report back and let's see what more we can do.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can try wetting a q tip with water and applying it to the tiny cracks in the volume buttons then blowing hard. then working the buttons it works on all button i used it on my ds lite for the l, r, and dpad but unfortunately my ds doesnt work you can see my topic for more info

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol