stuck on programming gateway installer used SCDS2

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gh0sti, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    idk what to do can i turn it off and be safe, the cartridge is stuck running the installer help

2. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    yeah, you can just turn it off or exit using home and try again.

in case the installer just won't work you can also try a factory reset on the 3ds.

3. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    before doing a factory reset, just change your profile name to something else.
    It'll wipe off all traces of the exploit.

After that, just trying reinstalling.

Good luck!

4. Gh0sti
    OP

Gh0sti iOS Guru

Aug 19, 2009
    United States
    Inside you, all around you
    thanks guys it didnt brick, the question i have is why is it i have to rerun the exploit also why wouldnt it run from my scds2??

5. mvmiranda

mvmiranda GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 29, 2013
    Brazil
    Brazil, Sao Paulo
    Sometimes the install process is stuck and everytime it gets stuck, I just rename my profile name to something else, and the installation is finishes successfully.

Everytime you enter DS mode, the exploit in "unloaded". Let's say you run a DS flashcard (like SCDS2, or any other DS R4 like) or any DS game (like NSMB). So you need to "load" (aka, install) the gateway "exploit" again.

6. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    Well, back when I was toying around with the alternate ROP launcher I managed to mess up my profile settings/NVRAM so good that I had to do a factory reset. But you are right, it's better to try the less drastic measures first.

You have to rerun the exploit installer everytime you run a DS mode cartridge (flashcart or retail), as the 3DS notices then that the profile settings are "broken" and fixes them. It does work from every DS mode flashcart you can run on your 3DS.

The installer just sometimes bugs out, which will not lead to lasting problems. (IIRC it's the same installer since 1.2, but as those seldom freezes have no real impact they never went and fixed it.)