Homebrew Stuck on Plailect's guide

Saternoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, so well, I was following the Plailect's guide to downgrade to 9.2 and somehow something went wrong.

I kept only the 3ds (from the starter kit) + boot (from the starter kit) + updates folders (the 3ds one with the subfolders of emunand and plaisysupdate) on the SD and I started to downgrade. all the files were ok and were installed successfully, after the reboot, i had the black screen. I took off the sd, power on again, but the black screen was still there. I have access to the recovery, but I would like to have any solution that doesn't require to update to 11 and then do hardmod (cz i dont have the tools to do it)

thanks again

Last edited by Saternoir,

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi, so well, I was following the Plailect's guide to downgrade to 9.2 and somehow something went wrong.

I kept only the 3ds (from the starter kit) + boot (from the starter kit) + updates folders (the 3ds one with the subfolders of emunand and plaisysupdate) on the SD and I started to downgrade. all the files were ok and were installed successfully, after the reboot, i had the black screen. I took off the sd, power on again, but the black screen was still there. I have access to the recovery, but I would like to have any solution that doesn't require to update to 11 and then do hardmod (cz i dont have the tools to do it)

thanks again
I am sorry to tell you, but you're fucked. What error did you get exactly?

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Take sd out and wai at least a full minute before giving up. However it sound like a softbrick and your stuck going to 11.0.

Are you sure you formatted before downgrading

Saternoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Take sd out and wai at least a full minute before giving up. However it sound like a softbrick and your stuck going to 11.0.

Are you sure you formatted before downgrading
tried what you said, still with the error :/

Ye i formatted the SD (after doing a backup of all its content) and I put the files and folders I mentioned.

I am sorry to tell you, but you're fucked. What error did you get exactly?
i got the "something went wrong. hold power to power off the device, then power on and try again" error.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tried what you said, still with the error :/

Ye i formatted the SD (after doing a backup of all its content) and I put the files and folders I mentioned.

i got the "something went wrong. hold power to power off the device, then power on and try again" error.
No I didn't ask if you formatted sd, I want to know if you performed a system console format before downgrading

Reactions: olec04

dannyboy941

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have same problem to but i try it all time with EmuNand(Because im sure it goes bad) then OTP says all time 2 Tmds Missing or Broken i use all stuff from that Guide.
The Formating Part with Tiny Format help me not at all what does Mean with RedNand? How i get that working and not the EmuNand from GW?(That shows the Guide not how to do it really)

Last edited by dannyboy941,

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The first time I followed his guide this happened to me, at the time the highest version of 3ds was 10.6 and I did not want to use the recovery mode , after much insistence by powering on the 3DS with SD out , it just worked .... without explanation

Saternoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The first time I followed his guide this happened to me, at the time the highest version of 3ds was 10.6 and I did not want to use the recovery mode , after much insistence by powering on the 3DS with SD out , it just worked .... without explanation
lol is that true? how many time you tried that?

Welp your screwed then :/ i dont do hardmod services but a9lh services
damn me :(

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yup it's very important to format the console before downgrading, I've noticed basically every softbrick comes from not formatting the console.

It's very possible to downgrade without doing it since I've seen people be successful, however it is what it is. Sorry for your loss

Saternoir

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup it's very important to format the console before downgrading, I've noticed basically every softbrick comes from not formatting the console.

It's very possible to downgrade without doing it since I've seen people be successful, however it is what it is. Sorry for your loss
Damn, didn't knew that... fk myself then :/

Rodrigo Mafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
lol is that true? how many time you tried that?

damn me :(
Maaaaaaany tries, something like 2 days ...
But it was int the 2.1 downgrade and I were just starting in the 3ds hack scene, maybe I did something wrong, since then I have hacked several 3ds and never had problems...

Last edited by Rodrigo Mafra,

Wojton

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

This should be clarly stated in Plailect's guide, it only says to format system memory on chapter 4, but not on chapter 2 (9.2 downgrade). I was dowgrading someone's New 3DS to 9.2 and it errored out because I haven't formatted the system memory beforehand. Thankfully, it crashed with just native_firm not downgraded, so the console still booted up with SD Card removed and I was able to recover it, but many people might not be so lucky. Format your system memory before starting any downgrades people!

Last edited by Wojton,

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This should be clarly stated in Plailect's guide, it only says to format system memory on chapter 4, but not on chapter 2 (9.2 downgrade). I was dowgrading someone's New 3DS to 9.2 and it errored out because I haven't formatted the system memory beforehand. Thankfully, it crashed with just native_firm not downgraded, so the console still booted up with SD Card removed and I was able to recover it, but many people might not be so lucky. Format your system memory before starting any downgrades people!

Same story with one of a new 3ds xl.. it was brand new and i turned on first but i haven't format the system before downgrading and crashed at just native firm too.. but thankfully i can able to ran plaisysupdater again and it worked for second try.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs