[Stuck at Trucha Bug]ComplteSoftmodGuide

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kellogz, Sep 28, 2010.

Sep 28, 2010
  1. kellogz
    OP

Newcomer kellogz Newbie

United Kingdom
    Hey guys been following this guide and im getting stuck at the Trucha bug part.

I have followed the steps and have a Apps and Wad folder only on my SD card. I downloaded the ios236 installer and extracted it. I than placed the IOS236 Folder into my apps folder as it asks. I than launch the homebrew channel and it brings up the "IOS236 Installer v3". I click the IOS236 Installer button and it brings a page up a Delete / Load / Back option screen. I click load and it brings up the IOS236 INSTALLER MOD page. After the chunk of text at the bottom and Please Wait..., a few seconds later it asks me "press 1 to start the application..." I press 1 and almost immiediatly i seem to get the following error.

Patching IOS>

Exception (DSI) Occured!
    [List of numbers]

Stack Dump:

Code Dump:

This is where im stuck as i dont seem to get the next step im ment too:

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Chris

2. foolontehill

Newcomer foolontehill Advanced Member

United States
    Try the IOS 236 installer v4. In your sd card, put the files inside of your apps folder. It should look like sd:/apps/IOS236 installer/ inside of that folder should be a boot.dol, icon.png and a meta.xml

source = GAF's Wii Homebrew Tutorial

3. GPWeaver

Newcomer GPWeaver Member

United Kingdom
    People have also reported problems with the newer version of the installer. I had problems myself but kept trying until it finally worked. There are 2 work arounds to boost success rates. 1: ensure you have an active internet connection on the Wii 2: If no internet connection available, before starting the app (in the HBC menu) wait 30 seconds.