Hacking stuck at priiloader with no system menu?

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search isn't working for me. I was modifying a wii using "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" and i have modded other wiis with this guide i accidentally installed priiloader before the cios wads. I dont know if thats what caused this.

Now it wont go to my system menu. I'm on 4.2u. I have the settings to autoboot the system menu but it just wont go to the system menu. It keeps loading Priiloader. No bootmii on this system either. I can get into the homebrew channel so please tell me theres a way to fix this....

fringle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What happens when you choose to load the system menu? If it black screens then the following should work.

If you can load preloader and homebrew channel you should be able to launch wad manager and go from there. Reinstall the system menu ios wad first then reinstall the system menu wad file. Should be IOS70-64-v6687.wad and System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482] This will erase preloader though so make sure you do it in the right order or you will boot to a black screen and the wii will be bricked.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the order doesnt matter. as long as you dont do the system menu and then turn off the wii before you install the IOS.

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad didn't work.....

i was also told it could be a priiloader bug

LxTrix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to uninstall preloader but it said unable to restore system menu, aborted

EDIT: just tried uninstalling Install IOS70-64-v6687[TB+ES_diV+NAND].wad so i could reinstall it to see if that would help but when trying to uninstall says

ret = -1017

Wateva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue as the people above...

I've a 3.4U that I've downgraded to 3.2U. Everything was ok, installed cios249 R14, and got to go to the priiloader.. it installed fine but it errored out (code dump) after the install. Now I'm stuck with a black screen..

Bootmii is installed as ios, but now I can't even access it..

Priiloader 0.2....

Wateva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not that stupid..
tongue.gif

Yes, the reset does NOTHING at all... Like I've said, I'm having the same issue as above....

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
exactly what Summersett said (u beat me 2 it man, lol!)

here is the basic rules to know when u r bricked

1) if u have bootmii installed as boot2 and u have a nand backup, u will never be bricked (unless a ninty update removes bootmii as boot2 and u brick before getting a chance to re-install it)

2) if u don't have bootmii as boot2 and u cannot access priiloader, or your system menu, you are bricked and there is only 1 thing u can do about it. If you fall under this category, u need a modchip (like infectus) and a nand backup + keys (from bootmii) to fix it (contact Bushing or Deadly Foez if u do not want to buy a chip but want them to simply fix it for u). Deadly Foez is working on a method to fix bricked wii's that do not have a nand backup or keys, so if u are in those situation, instead of throwing out your broken wii, donate it to Deadly Foez (search for him in this forum, I'm sure he'd be willing to cover the shipping charges if u were to donate your bricked wii to him)

Wateva

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bootmii was installed (as IOS, couldn't install it as boot2 - strange, but it was 3.4U downgraded to 3.2U so it should be able to instal as boot2).
no, there was no NAND backup..

The weird thing is.. The wii shows nothing at all.. Only a black screen.. Can't even get to priiloader (I'm moving back to Preloader 0.29 - I'm still using HAXX instead of JODI, so, why not? 0.29 never let me down like this PriiLoader 0.2)...

headveggie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I'm really having the same exact problem with priiloader v0.1

Any tips on how LxTrix might have gotten his fixed?

HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!

kareem613

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having a similar problem, but not sure if its bricked.

I turn on the wii and get a blank screen, but the wiimote connects. If I press A, it seems to boot up. I hear the system menu music. I can move the cursor and hear it hover over things, but the entire time the screen is black. Nothing showing at all.

Any ideas?

Priiloader installed successfully. This start the first time I held out reset and powered on. I have a NAND backup and bootmii installed as IOS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Too bad, they already drank it.
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    Veho @ Veho: Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.