Hacking Stripped screws on back, what do I do?

phillipsteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought a nyko battery pack and being the dumbass that I am, I decided to use the included screwdriver. Ended up stripping the screws. Is there anything I can do about? I don't want to not be able to change the battery pack forever. I already tried the super glue method and completely failed that.

Edit: posted in wrong forum, can a mod move this?

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, I just took a screw out of the back of mine, just to take look. If you just stripped out the head then all you have to do is just get your self some new bolts. The screws threads look close to the ones you buy to repair glasses with. Just look for it at local pharmacy or grocery store. Also for a screw driver set, i have been using my" Dollar Tree, Precision Screw Driver Set" . The 5/64 fits great and did not strip the bolt. I hoped that helps ya.

phillipsteak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ferret7463 said:
Hmmm, I just took a screw out of the back of mine, just to take look. If you just stripped out the head then all you have to do is just get your self some new bolts. The screws threads look close to the ones you buy to repair glasses with. Just look for it at local pharmacy or grocery store. Also for a screw driver set, i have been using my" Dollar Tree, Precision Screw Driver Set" . The 5/64 fits great and did not strip the bolt. I hoped that helps ya.

Well the problem is that theyre stripped on the 3DS

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
phillipsteak said:
ferret7463 said:

*facepalm*

Be careful next time.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phillipsteak said:
ferret7463 said:

Well.... what you could do and there is a big IF you can find a some bolts with a slightly bigger thread, let's say, out of an old laptop hard drive caddy? you could force thread them in. I have done this to other small electrics before. Just make sure you hold the screw and screw driver as strait up and down as possible. best of luck.
unsure.gif

PS: work your way out from inner to outer.

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i stripped mine using the nyko battery screwdriver! and what i did was "NOT RECOMMENDED" I took a super small drill bit and basically screwed down till the top of the screw was detached from the actual screw itself but i put too much pressure down and ended up pushing what was holding the screw into the ds lol but its fine no harm done just a piece of a screw left jiggling in my ds which i will just use epoxy to create new hole later on if it starts bugging me. this does leave the screw intact soooooo. imo the best way is to take apart the 3ds in a dust free environment with good tools carefully and removing the screw from the bottom with pliers and twisting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-