Hacking Streetpassing Myself?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing A9LH and swapping my NANDs somehow I managed to inject an old copy of my SysNAND into my current SysNAND and every now and then I'll streetpass an old copy myself. At first I thought "this is weird" assuming it was only some sort of glitch and won't happen again, but it continues to happen every 8 hours lol. I'm wondering, does anyone know how I can fix this problem without wiping all of my games and data?

princeken09

그 "멋진" 남자
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably your Wi-fi is somehow acting as a streetpass relay. I read something similar to your case, but that time, he was streetpassing his old lost 3DS on a hotel. He thought a staff might have picked it up, but apparently, the hotel just uses streetpass relay.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably your Wi-fi is somehow acting as a streetpass relay. I read something similar to your case, but that time, he was streetpassing his old lost 3DS on a hotel. He thought a staff might have picked it up, but apparently, the hotel just uses streetpass relay.
Oh yeah, OP, have you ever setup homepass on your router?

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol I expected that I'd have some confusion with this one. Perhaps I've stumbled upon something here. I'm not using any streetpass methods and I don't have another 3DS. Besides, my 2G internet absolutely wouldn't work for streetpassing. Anyway, I'm almost certain that it has something to do with the methods I used to swap my NANDs. Along the process of following the tutorial to do this, I messed up big time and destroyed my EmuNAND. Not having access to a hardmod or Decrypt9/EmuNAND9 at the time left me with the idea of using the EmuNAND Tool to try and inject an old copy of my SysNAND into my EmuNAND in hopes that it would repair my EmuNAND. However, it didn't work, at least not the way I expected. It seemed to fix my SysNAND. What I didn't know at the time was that my SysNAND and EmuNAND never swapped. So what I really did was alter my EmuNAND, and my SysNAND (which I originally assumed was my broken EmuNAND) remain unchanged. So after I added the empty updatedsysnand file that I needed, my SysNAND became the NAND that booted when my 3DS turned on. So since I was missing my files on SysNAND, I injected a copy of my EmuNAND I named SysNAND into my SD with the EmuNAND Tool and my files all returned and everything seemed normal again.

Everything seemed normal EXCEPT my EmuNAND is kind of screwy and my SysNAND gets streetpasses from an old copy of myself every 8 hours.

I apologize for this confusing description of the process I took to swap my NANDs, but I thought I'd try to explain it as best as I could to make it more understandable if possible.

As it was confusing for me at the time I was doing this, I just went about it the wrong way and this is what happened.

Last edited by DrakeLyon,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as everything works, their isn't an issue right?

You're Mii's just getting stronger for Find Mii :P
Lol I've beaten both Find Mii 1 and 2 and I have all the other plaza games that kind of makes my Mii slightly useless XD buuut, since I have gold pants it helps to some degree

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Lol I've beaten both Find Mii 1 and 2 and I have all the other plaza games that kind of makes my Mii slightly useless XD buuut, since I have gold pants it helps to some degree
People should investigate what's happening and write a guide on how to do it on purpose :-) I have beaten Streetpass Quest (I think Find Mii is the US version) a few times but haven't done all the achievements.

Reactions: DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People should investigate what's happening and write a guide on how to do it on purpose :-) I have beaten Streetpass Quest (I think Find Mii is the US version) a few times but haven't done all the achievements.
It might take some reckless experimentation with the NANDs to get this one down lol, but I think if someone finds out how to replicate my situation it could benefit some people.

I've gotten all of the hats I can get out of Find Mii 1 & 2 back when I had good internet and a Wi-Fi adapter, it took a lot of time sitting in one place sifting through MAC addresses lol

Last edited by DrakeLyon,

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I figured out what's happening with the streetpass ordeal. I only streetpass myself when I access my EmuNAND. I access it pretty often, so that's what caused me to believe that I was streetpassing myself every 8 hours.
I have come to the conclusion that this is happening because I injected an old copy of my SysNAND.bin into my EmuNAND.

Reactions: Quantumcat

DrakeLyon

Console Perfectionist
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-sigh- I may be wrong yet again. This time I haven't accessed my EmuNAND at all in awhile and I still received a streetpass from myself as soon as I got on the internet with my 3DS. This gives me yet another theory though. Perhaps it's just my consistent anount of internet usage that has me streetpassing myself every 8 hours.

One thing I know for certain though, as it is the same version of my Mii on my EmuNAND that's streetpassing me, it must be coming from my EmuNAND in some weird way.. I can't believe no one else has experienced this before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare