OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have been walking around in Paris all weekend and I thought I would share my experiences with Streetpass.

I left from Holland to Paris and arrived there at about 11:00. Untill that point I had encountered 0 people while being on 2 stations and in a train. After that i have pretty much been walking around all day, visiting the bigger subway stations, tourist attractions etc. At 23:00 I was at my hotel and I had seen 1 person. This is the end of saturday.

Sunday was about the same with the day starting at 9:30 and ending at 7:30 with me entering the train and arriving at home minutes ago. and after checking my 3DS once more I have still only found 1 person.

So to conclude: not a whole lot of people carry around their unit in sleep mode this close after the release.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Actually I find this kinda surprising for a capital city. Especially since I've walked around in Dortmund (medium-sized city in Northrhine Westfalia) yesterday for uhm, maybe half an hour and found 3 people.

lithium210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Momo said:
I have been walking around in Paris all weekend and I thought I would share my experiences with Streetpass.

I left from Holland to Paris and arrived there at about 11:00. Untill that point I had encountered 0 people while being on 2 stations and in a train. After that i have pretty much been walking around all day, visiting the bigger subway stations, tourist attractions etc. At 23:00 I was at my hotel and I had seen 1 person. This is the end of saturday.

Sunday was about the same with the day starting at 9:30 and ending at 7:30 with me entering the train and arriving at home minutes ago. and after checking my 3DS once more I have still only found 1 person.

So to conclude: not a whole lot of people carry around their unit in sleep mode this close after the release.

Its still early to tell how well it'll work. Curious.. how were you carrying your 3ds? In a jean pocket, jacket pocket, bag, carrying case, etc??

Spike_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nforce.nl
XP
Country
I took mine with me into London yesterday and after a full days sight seeing and shopping I had 5 hits on StreetPass.

Very cool! I'm going to carry mine with me whenever I go anywhere now
biggrin.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing yet, but the only walking around town I've done was on launch day.
I'm popping into University tomorrow, I dare say I'll come across, one or two people on streetpass.

DryYoshi

Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I go with a taxi to school.... Not a single person found!
But all the kids at my school and everyone one else still has to get one, so I guess I just have to wait.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Been walking around in my city today and... well... not a single person met....
tongue.gif

I'm not sure if streetpass is very useful outside of schools or universities at all. And I think it'll get worse the older the system will grow.

But I'll carry it around with me as much as I can. Quite intresting to count my steps (although the limited coin-gaining sucks a little x) ) I just walked 5000 steps in the morning... ^^

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I walk with my friend to his college. It's about a 2 mile walk there, and while he's in class, I'll walk around the campus a few times to see if I can pick anyone up. There are a lot of gamers there, but they're students before gamers, and there was some kind of online test yesterday, so I don't think everyone who had to take that test was able to go out and buy a 3DS. We should be back in about 3 hours, so I'll let you guys know.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I've not even tried using StreetPass yet, for two reasons. One, I seriously doubt there are many 3DS systems anywhere near here given the rather epic lack of stock in this city. And two, if you think I'm walking around a shithole of a city like this with the best part of £300's worth of rare electronics on me, then quite frankly you're bat-shit crazy.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
I went to my nearest Asda do pick up Nintendogs and decided to take my 3DS with me snuggled in my bag. I was very surprised to see i had met one person along the way!

Sadly i haven't had any other encounters, which is quite annoying as i want to progress in the dungeon Mii Plaza game (those heroes you hire are useless!)
wink.gif
and i also want to unlock new breeds of dogs on my Nintendogs...shame you can't Wifi it really..maybe there is a possibility in the future update? At least you can slowly unlock them through gameplay anyway!

JoyConG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I'm sorry, I created a very similar topic out of excitement. I got a hit just 2 hours ago! Very randomly too, I hadn't been anywhere dense.. Great feeling!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Snow days $25 on steam may grab it