Streetpass

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Mr. Momo, Mar 27, 2011.

Mar 27, 2011

Streetpass by Mr. Momo at 10:07 PM (1,702 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. Mr. Momo
    OP

Newcomer Mr. Momo Newbie

Netherlands
    I have been walking around in Paris all weekend and I thought I would share my experiences with Streetpass.

I left from Holland to Paris and arrived there at about 11:00. Untill that point I had encountered 0 people while being on 2 stations and in a train. After that i have pretty much been walking around all day, visiting the bigger subway stations, tourist attractions etc. At 23:00 I was at my hotel and I had seen 1 person. This is the end of saturday.

Sunday was about the same with the day starting at 9:30 and ending at 7:30 with me entering the train and arriving at home minutes ago. and after checking my 3DS once more I have still only found 1 person.

So to conclude: not a whole lot of people carry around their unit in sleep mode this close after the release.

2. darkangel5000

Member darkangel5000 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Actually I find this kinda surprising for a capital city. Especially since I've walked around in Dortmund (medium-sized city in Northrhine Westfalia) yesterday for uhm, maybe half an hour and found 3 people.

3. lithium210

Member lithium210 GBAtemp Fan

United States

Its still early to tell how well it'll work. Curious.. how were you carrying your 3ds? In a jean pocket, jacket pocket, bag, carrying case, etc??

4. Mr. Momo
    OP

Newcomer Mr. Momo Newbie

Netherlands
    I was walking around with it in the left pocket of my jeans.

5. 1234turtles

Member 1234turtles GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    things like street pass i can only see happening in japan i know in america its more than likly not going be used

6. ut2k4master

Member ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Germany
    was walking around here in the city of cologne for about 2 hours and i met NO one...

7. moley

Member moley GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    went to see a musical on Saturday took mt 3ds me to earn some more coins on the walk, was quite supprised 2 see afterwards I'd found 1 person.

8. Mr. Momo
    OP

Newcomer Mr. Momo Newbie

Netherlands
    Went to Rotterdam today, walked 5000 steps, found 1 person.

9. Spike_UK

Newcomer Spike_UK Newbie

United Kingdom
    I took mine with me into London yesterday and after a full days sight seeing and shopping I had 5 hits on StreetPass.

Very cool! I'm going to carry mine with me whenever I go anywhere now [​IMG]

10. fishykipper

Member fishykipper pkmn breeder

United Kingdom
    ive taken mine everywhere.
    and nothing :-(

11. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Nothing yet, but the only walking around town I've done was on launch day.
    I'm popping into University tomorrow, I dare say I'll come across, one or two people on streetpass.

12. Hihomaster

Member Hihomaster GBAtemp Regular

France
    only met with one person during my weekend at Groningen in NL : (

13. DryYoshi

Member DryYoshi Love child of Dry Bones and Yoshi

Netherlands
    I go with a taxi to school.... Not a single person found!
    But all the kids at my school and everyone one else still has to get one, so I guess I just have to wait.

14. Kuschel-Drow

Member Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Been walking around in my city today and... well... not a single person met.... [​IMG]

I'm not sure if streetpass is very useful outside of schools or universities at all. And I think it'll get worse the older the system will grow.

But I'll carry it around with me as much as I can. Quite intresting to count my steps (although the limited coin-gaining sucks a little x) ) I just walked 5000 steps in the morning... ^^

15. Windaga

Member Windaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I walk with my friend to his college. It's about a 2 mile walk there, and while he's in class, I'll walk around the campus a few times to see if I can pick anyone up. There are a lot of gamers there, but they're students before gamers, and there was some kind of online test yesterday, so I don't think everyone who had to take that test was able to go out and buy a 3DS. We should be back in about 3 hours, so I'll let you guys know.

16. Blaze163

Member Blaze163 The White Phoenix's purifying flame.

United Kingdom
    I've not even tried using StreetPass yet, for two reasons. One, I seriously doubt there are many 3DS systems anywhere near here given the rather epic lack of stock in this city. And two, if you think I'm walking around a shithole of a city like this with the best part of £300's worth of rare electronics on me, then quite frankly you're bat-shit crazy.

17. boombox

Member boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I went to my nearest Asda do pick up Nintendogs and decided to take my 3DS with me snuggled in my bag. I was very surprised to see i had met one person along the way!

Sadly i haven't had any other encounters, which is quite annoying as i want to progress in the dungeon Mii Plaza game (those heroes you hire are useless!) [​IMG] and i also want to unlock new breeds of dogs on my Nintendogs...shame you can't Wifi it really..maybe there is a possibility in the future update? At least you can slowly unlock them through gameplay anyway!

18. Nintendude92

Member Nintendude92 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Oh I'm sorry, I created a very similar topic out of excitement. I got a hit just 2 hours ago! Very randomly too, I hadn't been anywhere dense.. Great feeling!