Hardware Streaming to computer: controller with headset?

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We are a huge fan of being able to stream your xbox one to a computer..! Yay!

However, we are unsure of the best way to connect the headset and controller.

Does the headset connect to the computer? Or does it stay in the controller?

Does the controller hook up to the computer (we get an error saying there is no controller connected)?

If we play xbox one on the television, we can use the headset through the controller and hear/chat with no problems.

But if we stream to a computer, we can't seem to both hear and chat.. We can usually at least hear.

We have the headset still hooked up to the controller, and the controller is still connected to the xbox one.

How can we stream to a computer and still hear/chat?

Cosmic_Link

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I had this issue too. I remedied it by getting a 3.5mm Y splitter and plugged my headset straight into my PC and initiated live chat through the XBox app on the comp. :D

Here's a cable I got: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/291487019399

Ofcourse you might find the XB1 headset cable a little short if you're using a PC tower. I use a laptop...

Last edited by Cosmic_Link,

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is mostly for my son.
He is using a set of SkullCandy Slyr headset with his ultrabook. The ultrabook jack is for a headset (headphones+mic)..
We do see at the top of the streaming window a mic/mute, and we have it unmuted.

It may be something with his notebook, I'll poke around in the settings and make sure the mic is working..

3DPiper

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so the only way I could figure out how to use the headset while streaming to a computer was to plug the controller up via USB to the computer you are streaming to.
Leave the headset plugged into the controller.
That does work, however we can't figure out how to control game/chat volume. The buttons on the headset adapter on the controller seem to do nothing..
And I don't see anywhere on the streaming computer xbox app where to control volume (just mute chat at the top)..

How do you control the game/chat volume while streaming to a computer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end