Stream PC games on wii u gamepad

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by G. William, Apr 28, 2014.

1. G. William
    OP

G. William Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2014
    Canada
    Hi everyone
    Few months ago, I've heard about hackers who've been able to stream pc games on the wii u game pad.
    I viewed this video lasting about 50 minutes, where the hackers are showing their works. Unfortunatly, I'm unable to understand what they say since english isn't my native language.
    Does someone heards about this and knows if this technology is available? If it is, is it possible to send a link to a written tutorial please?

Thanks a lot

2. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    You're probably talking about Delroth, booto and shuffle2's work and their presentation at CCC...(linky for those interested).

It was advertised here and it's certainly one of the most interesting projects in wiiu hacking...but it hasn't reached public beta yet, let alone being done. If I recall correctly, a recurring problem was to keep audio and video synced with the pc, which caused quite some instability. The demonstration at the end of the presentation was pretty impressive, but I doubt things are playable for a longer period of time.

I haven't heard from the project since then, so I doubt a breakthrough is reached since then. In any case, there won't be a tutorial as there isn't anything officially released yet.

Oh, and...you may want to rename your thread name. At the very least add a question mark. :unsure: