All our splendor...
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
So... What are the strangest games you've ever played?

Cho Aniki -- No explanation needed
Katamari Damacy -- No explanation needed
The Adventures of Hourai High -- An RPG where you play a high school student who works with the school newspaper staff to foil a nefarious plot that only ever affects their school???
Happy Wheels -- Platforming levels that only make sense part of the time, and the character roster is strange
Minecraft -- A game with only the goal to survive, in first person, and no actual NPCs to interact with. The only thing to do is fight monsters, mine, craft, and build.
Any Pokemon game -- A creature-on-creature battle sim. The equivalent of dogfighting is LEGAL.
Most Mario Games -- A short fat plumber destroys an empire by promoting animal cruelty and guerilla warfare, assisted by a dinosaur and his lousy brother. Jumping on turtles, indeed.
Warioware -- A collection of obnoxiously strange minigames that makes up a fictional game made by the anti-Mario.
Everything on RRRR that's 5 Rs! -- Of note is Don't Shoot the Puppy and the rigged Make the World a Better Place.

Reactions: 1 person

Majorami

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kingdom Hearts....

The Nobodies are heartless bodies and Heartless are bodyless hearts. I mean WTF?

Next you'll learn that the Unversed have verses an the Nightmares have dreams.

Reactions: 1 person

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I thought you wrote the strongest game
http://rlv.zcache.com/eyem_the_strongest_tshirt-p235179912332226875zv2j9_400.jpg

Touhou has my vote for strangest:
Drunken lolis spraying each other with creative bullets thought up by a drunk man. EPIC

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
conker's bad fur day for the n64.....
you know what i mean when you played it
buut it's a really awesome game though

This.

You start off with a squirrel that likes to get drunk then you meet a grim reaper with a megaphone and a high pitched voice, a sunflower with huge breasts, you get to surf along lava against some cavemen and then you re-create the lobby scene from matrix and the final fight from aliens. Did i mention that your health bar is chocolate and that the main villian just wants conker to prop up his table so he has somewhere to place his milk? LOL

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wario ware smooth moves by a long shot. I've seen minigames based on wits or impulse before, but never one that's drawing an entire game concept around five-second microgames. And successful!
-grind the cell phone!
-push that guy!
-balance the stick!
-pick the nose!

The hilarious part about it is that if you even stop to think on what the f*** you're supposed to do with the wiimote or how it's supposed to makes sense, you will already have lost the game.

I take "strangest" as in "weird/unconventional", and with "game", I tend to focus on the actual gameplay mechanics. Not because storyline/plot or the setting is irrelevant, but because there is no standard of what's normal in games. Of course, the Mario universe is an acid trip if you think about it...but so are a whole truckload of other games. Or even every game, if you think about it.

EDIT: I should probably mention that I don't know most of the mentioned games here, let alone that I've played them. This is just my opinion.

jing90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Katamari damacy
I mean you roll stuff up and then destroy it transforming it into a star... and then ROYAL RAINBOW!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.