Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
strangerthingsposter.jpg

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/
9.3 imdb - 88% Rotten Tomatos

This show is amazing it's like Goonies crossed with X-Files. Check it out the whole series is out already.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I watched it entirely the first day :D

I liked it a lot.
A mix with : Goonies, E.T., Poltergeist, Alien, Stand by me (though, I don't know that one, I just read about it).
It has a very good 80's feeling, if you liked all these movies back in 80's you'll like it :)

I liked a lot Winona Ryder's play.

Just a note about the french version :
"El" (I thought it was "Elle") is called "Elf" in french. Probably to match the LOTR/D&D board game style, as they can't give her a shorter and nice name based on her french name.
I watched in English subtitled in french, so I always heard "el" but read "elf". I don't know how they dubbed it in French, I'll probably watch it in french again :P

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If I can't stand X-Files type series (suspense, mystery and whatnot aren't my kind of entertainment), will I still like this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't feel like X-file, but I guess it could be compared to it.
I think it's more poltergeist or Silent hill vibe (horror movies), some monster/ghost hunting, mixed with conspiracy with government and children trying to solve the mystery (goonies).

You probably won't like it.
You can still try the first episode. There's only 8, you won't lose a lot of your time.

Reactions: T-hug

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I think it's more poltergeist or Silent hill vibe (horror movies), some monster/ghost hunting, mixed with conspiracy with government and children trying to solve the mystery (goonies).

You can still try the first episode. There's only 8, you won't lose a lot of your time.
I think I'll look at it. While I don't like some 80's series a lot, I've been interested in some suspense anime series lately, maybe this could be funny after those.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

Ya more like poltergeist but also has a lot of X-File qualities like men in white suits, CIA etc.
I've still 2 episodes to watch but away for a few days now so not sure when I can finish it up.
Great music, atmosphere and acting, surprised how it came out of nowhere.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Finally found the time to watch Totally Not Stephen King's Stranger Things, AKA "Nobody Tells Anyone Anything Especially When It Is Of Vital Importance And Would Be Of Enormous Help And I'm Looking At You Here, Sheriff Hopper... Things".
I liked the show but I didn't really like the part of the ending with the

Will coughing out alien slug things; the flashes of Upside Down he's getting are okay but the demon tuberculosis is something you may want to mention and maybe get checked out, you know? I know everyone here suffers from nottellanyoneimportantshit-itis, but this is a bit much, no?

And the fact everyone is happy to stay living a hundred yards from the hellmouth (was the entrance really destroyed? Closed? Sealed? Without Eleven? How?), a town where telepathic flesh-thirsty horrors can spring out of any flat surface and melt your face off... is a bit weird. Yeah the main creature was (seemingly) destroyed, but there were eggs and slithery things and shit over there, I'd make myself scarce.

Looking forward to the second season.

Reactions: Yumi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: