Strange vWii semi-brick???

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by samu33, May 10, 2016.

1. samu33
    OP

samu33 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    Hello,
    I was helping a friend hacking his vWii, everything was ok, but after installing cIOs (Im sure I was installing WiiU correct ones) it came back to the homebrew launcher, but when I try to go to the wii menu, after a few seconds the console just shut down.

what its going on with this console? Its not a full brick because vWii starts up, but its not a semibrick either cause I cant stay in the wii menu. Is there anything I can do? I have other wii U, can I dump anything from the other one and make this one work properly again? If is there anything I can do how can I do it?

I tryed formatting WiiU but didnt work, but it keeps updating.

thx to everyone.

Last edited by samu33, May 10, 2016
  2. halpmenao

halpmenao Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2016
    Barbados
    what i would do is start with using the tool the people on this forum use to determain where you went wrong in cios etc

3. samu33
    OP

samu33 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    What tool is that?

4. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

Aug 24, 2014
    I actually had this problem before.
    Freaked me the hell out the first time, but I ended up fixing it... by quickly starting anything that caused an IOS reload. (Try the Mii Channel for starters) I have no idea about the technical specifics, but after I did that, the thing stopped automatically shutting down. If it doesn't work the first time, try a few more times - that made it work for me every time.

5. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
  6. samu33
    OP

samu33 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2016
    well, I dont even know how or what happend but it works again. It has being unplugued for 2 days and it came back to life.

I used Syscheck as you told me and everything seems to be OK, just the correct cIOs patched and its working again.
    this 2 days I had some new information, the WiiU was not new, and his/her last owner already patched himself the cIOs (correct ones too) and when I tryed to do it again the NAND went crazy or whatever.
    Does someone knows what the f*** happend?

Edit: I didnt told noone but thanks for answer to everyone who did it.

Last edited by samu33, May 13, 2016
  7. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    Need to post the syscheck, and explain a little bit more what its your current status / issue.