Strange r4 code issue

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by TheBlueFox, Apr 9, 2009.

Apr 9, 2009

Strange r4 code issue by TheBlueFox at 10:09 AM (688 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TheBlueFox
    OP

Newcomer TheBlueFox Member

United States
    I have been trying to add Pokemon Platinum codes to my cheat database on my r4ds. the ones for most other games work JUST fine, they show up, activate, and execute perfectly, however the ones for platinum dont... I have downloaded the most recent USRCHEAT.dat (and CHEAT.dat just to be sure, but used them one at a time so as not to have any confusion) yet there is no CHEAT (Y) that appears underneath the icon. I have attempted to modify the game ID in the cheat file, yet the game ID says its the same when I try to aquire it off the .nds file.

Could it be my .nds? is it a capitalization error somewhere? is the game ID incorrect? I have been using the most recent update from this site in the cheat index for the USA release of Pokemon Plat. Any help would be nice

2. ShinRyouma

Member ShinRyouma GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    What firmware are you using? Maybe you need to update your firmware or the cheat database size is too big, try deleting games codes which you don't play (use R4CCE).

3. TheBlueFox
    OP

United States
    Hmm, alright Ill delete some games. What I WILL say is that I kept an earlier cheat file to work with Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars. The newest one does not seem to work, yet the older one does. I checked, and the older file has 6 different Chinatown wars games with 6 different game IDs for each. Could it be possible its the incorrect Game ID?

Oh, and its the most recent firmware

4. TheBlueFox
    OP

United States
    well I trimmed it down from 4,000kb to 3500 kb and turns out cheats now appear for pokemon Plat. Now I know to delete it if it gets too big, Thank you