Strange Problem W/ EmuNAND

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by godreborn, Jul 13, 2017.

1. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I hadn't touched any wii ware titles in a while, but I tried to load a few earlier today, and it kicked me back to usb loader gx. they were working last time I checked, and I haven't changed any settings. I'm assuming that the games are being detected if the graphics and sound work when opening the game? does anyone know what could be wrong? thanks!

2. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I've tried redoing the emuNAND plus installing all wads - same issue. I get kicked back to usb loader gx with every game. :(

3. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I managed to fix the problem by reinstalling all CIOS and reformatting the hdd (had a backup on another hdd, so nothing was lost). everything works fine now. :)

4. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I discovered the problem - ustealth. @Cyan , @Felek666 , @Kafluke do any of u know y this is happening? with ustealth enabled, emuNAND games kick me back to usb loader gx; with it disabled, they run fine. I reformatted the hdd and reinstalled the cIOS 'til I figured that out. lol

5. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Sorry I don't use ustealth.

I just play Russian roulette every time and hope someone doesn't actually format my vWii hd

Last edited by Kafluke, Jul 16, 2017
    godreborn likes this.
  6. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    it's probably a bug with usb loader gx actually, so I'd be interested to know if anyone has a work-around. it's a bit annoying, but it's not that bad to turn on the virtual wii's hdd whenever I need to use it. I have a toggle switch with my wii u's hdd as well, but the one on the virtual wii is part of the hdd enclosure. that's one reason y I use the same enclosure with every hdd I buy. plus, I can just swap out the hdds with each other since they use the same power supply. :)

7. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's because you use a d2x which is not compatible with Ustealth drives.

You need a modded version of cIOS d2x v10 (r52).
    there's no modded version of r53 with Ustealth support.

you can find it in Ustealth thread.

godreborn likes this.
  8. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    about that. it says wii only? wii only for ustealth? that doesn't make sense.

9. godreborn
    OP

godreborn GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    alright. I got it to work on the virtual wii. thanks @Cyan . I figured u'd probably know the answer to this. :)

Cyan likes this.