Hacking strange files on usb hard drive

troy512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hacked a 4.3 wii over the weekend. setup a seagate 320gb hard drive using fat32 and installed wiiflow channel forwarder. the only files were the wbfs folder, wiiflow, and snes and nes emulators. filled up the hard drive with games and tested everything. today they call me to say that wiiflow is not working anymore. i go over to see whats wrong and sure enough wiiflow will not load. before i check the wii i check the hard drive and there are a bunch of strange files present. i ask what they did and they said it was working the night before but now its not working. i still havent checked the wii because i want to know whats going on with the hard drive first.

here is a screen shot of the strange files. ive never seen anything like this before???????

anyone know what could have caused this? im going to reformat the drive and transfer the games. just dont know if it will happen again.

ejzi3n.jpg

edit//

wii backup manager says its not a valid drive

windows shows the drive as full but there is no wbfs folder and none of the folders will open

elricorico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible that you gave an outdated version of fceux? There were some issues with hard drive corruption in a recent version that are believed to be fixed in the latest.

troy512

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ron975 said:
wait, who called you?

the owner of the wii which i hacked

elricorico said:
Is it possible that you gave an outdated version of fceux? There were some issues with hard drive corruption in a recent version that are believed to be fixed in the latest.

thanks for the reply, i will definitely look into this. however, i transferred the same snes9x gx and fce ultra gx app and roms straight from my hard drive.

but i havent updated mine in a long time

Nintendo_Chick said:
QUOTE(ron975 @ Nov 18 2010, 08:45 PM)
wait, who called you?

I think hes hacking people's wii for money off craigslist or something.

i guy i went to high school with [over ten years ago], his sister is friends with my sister. she asked me to hack her wii. and i did not charge any money.

besides if i did, how does this correspond the strange files on the hard drive?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1