Hardware Strange drive problem after D2Pro mod...

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My friend has just had a D2Pro professionally installed in his recently purchased Japanese Wii. The install seemed to be good (he watched) and the console would read both original and copied discs.

After running a test runs of a few different discs the drive now refuses to accept a disc. The mechanism for identifying that a disc has been inserted (and consequently pulling it into the Wii drive to spin) seems to be broken. Forcing a disc in manually doesn't seem to do anything either. My friend has tried forcing a disc nearly all the way into the drive but was scared he might not be able to get it out.

Anyone heard about anything similar? Seems like a very strange hardware malfunction indeed (if that is what it is).

Thanks in advance!

2cb2ct7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply guys!

These were my thoughts too...

That either a soldered wire has come loose randomly after install, or the reassembly of the Wii was not as neat as it should have been and something came loose. The modder was holding onto the console for a few days to look into it.

What are the chances that a recent JPN model console would suffer this sort of hardware malfuction? I thought it must be fairly low...

helba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's a short on one of the timer point. Just check it and re-solder it, else send it to me to repair. www.phuongmods.com

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E