Strange drive problem after D2Pro mod...

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by 2cb2ct7, Mar 9, 2008.

Mar 9, 2008
  1. 2cb2ct7
    OP

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    My friend has just had a D2Pro professionally installed in his recently purchased Japanese Wii. The install seemed to be good (he watched) and the console would read both original and copied discs.

After running a test runs of a few different discs the drive now refuses to accept a disc. The mechanism for identifying that a disc has been inserted (and consequently pulling it into the Wii drive to spin) seems to be broken. Forcing a disc in manually doesn't seem to do anything either. My friend has tried forcing a disc nearly all the way into the drive but was scared he might not be able to get it out.

Anyone heard about anything similar? Seems like a very strange hardware malfunction indeed (if that is what it is).

Thanks in advance!

2. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    sounds like a wire came loose, go back to the installer to check.

3. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    Hmm, try opening your Wii again and make sure the drive is in correctly...

4. 2cb2ct7
    OP

Member 2cb2ct7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Thanks for the reply guys!

These were my thoughts too...

That either a soldered wire has come loose randomly after install, or the reassembly of the Wii was not as neat as it should have been and something came loose. The modder was holding onto the console for a few days to look into it.

What are the chances that a recent JPN model console would suffer this sort of hardware malfuction? I thought it must be fairly low...

5. jargus

Member jargus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I'm having the same problem with my Wii. Know where can get it fixed or how tp fix it?

6. didineedthis

Newcomer didineedthis Member

United Kingdom
    i had this problem somebody sent me a wii to look at ,

they forgot to attach 1 of the ribbon cables to the drive ,i just plugged it back in and it worked

didineedthis

7. helba

Newcomer helba Advanced Member

Canada
    it's a short on one of the timer point. Just check it and re-solder it, else send it to me to repair. www.phuongmods.com