Hardware strange de-sync issue on right joycon?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, so i have a hacked switch for a few years now, never connected to the internet.
recently its developed a fault that after endless searching can not find a similar issue.
If you turn the switch on from full power down it all starts, no issue! if you put into sleep mode and come back in about an hour, no problem.
however if you leave off in sleep mode for a few hours then turn on the right joycon does not show as connected? taking off and putting on does nothing. the only way to reconnect is to disconnect press sync button then connect and works again.
i have tried another set of joycons without issue so its 100% these at fault?
any ideas please?

lpoolm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i'd take them apart and give a good clean... worth a try. they are quite fiddly but not too bad :)
I was thinking that, I saw something for the left joycon. sticking a bit of foam in, thought that's got to be worth a go?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I was thinking that, I saw something for the left joycon. sticking a bit of foam in, thought that's got to be worth a go?
not sure about that, but yeah do give it a clean, make sure the contacts on the rail (that part that slots into the switch) is clean.
it's hard to find stuff like isopropyl alcohol in the uk (but you can get it cheap enough on ebay) but I'd use that and an old toothbrush and give a little wash and reseat the whole thing.
If you're a particularly shaky person though, maybe don't take the whole thing apart, breaking something really is a possibility!

Reactions: lpoolm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER