Neoninfinity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My switch is currently running 6.0.0 with only 6 fuses blown.

Is there any advantages/disadvantages using stock firmware instead of cfw as I don't need any of that right now.

Furthermore is there a higher risk using stock firmware? (Maybe fuse detection??)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot run RCM-less stock firmware with 6 burnt fuses on that firmware. Once you load RCM-less stock firmware, the Switch bootloader will burn a fuse for running firmware 6.0 bringing your fuse count to 7. The only advantage in having a fuse count of 6 is being able to load firmwares 5.X without RCM in case there is a future exploit that doesn't require the use of RCM and only works on firmwares 5.X or lower.

Neoninfinity

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You cannot run RCM-less stock firmware with 6 burnt fuses on that firmware. Once you load RCM-less stock firmware, the Switch bootloader will burn a fuse for running firmware 6.0 bringing your fuse count to 7. The only advantage in having a fuse count of 6 is being able to load firmwares 5.X without RCM in case there is a future exploit that doesn't require the use of RCM and only works on firmwares 5.X or lower.
Thanks, however I'm referring to the Stock option using hekate as the bootloader with auto RCM installed.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, however I'm referring to the Stock option using hekate as the bootloader with auto RCM installed.
Well you have to boot into RCM and send the Hekate payload in order to boot "OFW" that way which may or may not be detectable by Nintendo. Nobody has been banned for only doing that and by that I mean only loading OFW with Hekate without CFW and homebrew. And I've already stated the advantages of having a fuse count of 6 on firmware 6.0. Not sure what else you would like to know.

Reactions: Neoninfinity

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.