Question Stock firmware with incorrect fuses

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Neoninfinity, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Neoninfinity
    OP

Neoninfinity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    My switch is currently running 6.0.0 with only 6 fuses blown.

Is there any advantages/disadvantages using stock firmware instead of cfw as I don't need any of that right now.

Furthermore is there a higher risk using stock firmware? (Maybe fuse detection??)

2. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    You cannot run RCM-less stock firmware with 6 burnt fuses on that firmware. Once you load RCM-less stock firmware, the Switch bootloader will burn a fuse for running firmware 6.0 bringing your fuse count to 7. The only advantage in having a fuse count of 6 is being able to load firmwares 5.X without RCM in case there is a future exploit that doesn't require the use of RCM and only works on firmwares 5.X or lower.

3. Neoninfinity
    OP

Neoninfinity Member

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2017
    United Kingdom
    Thanks, however I'm referring to the Stock option using hekate as the bootloader with auto RCM installed.

4. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    I guess use stock if you don't want to be tempted by homebrew

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Guru

Aug 6, 2017
    United States
    New York City
    Well you have to boot into RCM and send the Hekate payload in order to boot "OFW" that way which may or may not be detectable by Nintendo. Nobody has been banned for only doing that and by that I mean only loading OFW with Hekate without CFW and homebrew. And I've already stated the advantages of having a fuse count of 6 on firmware 6.0. Not sure what else you would like to know.

Neoninfinity likes this.