Hacking Still need slot 2 for Emulators? (gba)

lovemehate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading around, and I just dont understand. What I was looking to buy Is a DS flash card (looking at ItouchDS or SuperCard DS one)
I see homebrew for snes, gba and nes, so do you also need to have a slot 2?

Sorry If this has been asked before I just cant find clear Info, pretty much what I want a DS flash card that can run gba games....(and of corse ds roms)
I dont really care about pictures, movies ect ect

thanks!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Every emulator on the DS out there can be used on a Slot-1 card.
Lameboy for gameboy games, SNEmulDS for SNES, jEnesis for Genesis games, NESDS for, well NES games, etc.

There's an exception, the DSTwo has a dedicated integrated processor that other systems don't have, that can emulate GBA games, and soon SNES games. It has exclusive emulation potential.

The only reason you would need slot 2, is if you want to play GBA games perfectly on a DS Lite.

Okay, so if you want a basic combo that can play DS games and GBA games, I think you should get a Acekard 2i, and an EZ Flash 3in1. Together they only cost $35.

How it works is you put the NDS roms on the Acekard, and select them on the DS.
If you want to play a GBA game, you load them onto the Acekard, and plug in the EZ Flash 3in1.
On the Acekard you select the GBA game you want to play (PSRAM mode) or write to the 3in1 (NOR mode)
In PSRAM mode, the game is loaded in the 3in1 until you turn it off. The save file is kept on there until you boot your acekard again.
In NOR mode, the 3in1 is flashed to function like a real GBA game, so you can play a game without booting the acekard. (You can still use PSRAM mode whilst NOR is in use.)

I hope that answers your questions.

Eclipse42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO, which is the most widely used Acekard OSMenu, supports native loading of GBA games into the 3in1. This fact, taken together with the Acekard's reputation and AKAIO's high compatibility, makes the Acekard+3in1 combo the ideal solution for a Lite owner who wants to primarily play DS and GBA games (don't get me wrong though, the Acekard is perfectly capable of running most homebrew emulators such as Lameboy and NESDS as well).

Personally, I'd recommend the Acekard 2.1 over the 2i if you don't plan on getting a DSi or XL, because the 2i has build quality issues.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Eclipse42 said:
AKAIO, which is the most widely used Acekard OSMenu, supports native loading of GBA games into the 3in1. This fact, taken together with the Acekard's reputation and AKAIO's high compatibility, makes the Acekard+3in1 combo the ideal solution for a Lite owner who wants to primarily play DS and GBA games (don't get me wrong though, the Acekard is perfectly capable of running most homebrew emulators such as Lameboy and NESDS as well).

Personally, I'd recommend the Acekard 2.1 over the 2i if you don't plan on getting a DSi or XL, because the 2i has build quality issues.
but you might get it tho at some point so just be safe and get a acekcard2i

QUOTE(lovemehate @ Aug 18 2010, 06:59 AM) why do you suggest the Acekard 2i? Is it better and or easier to just use emulators?

thanks for the reply
if you want PERFECT emulation (particually the gba) then get the acekard2i+ez3-1 combo#or for a slighty cheaper option (i think) get the DSTWO, that way when u get a dsi, dsi xl or even a 3DS mabe then you need to get the DSTWO as those don't have a slot 2

Eclipse42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dter ic said:
Eclipse42 said:

but you might get it tho at some point so just be safe and get a acekcard2i
Well, that's why I said "if you don't plan on getting a DSi or XL." In my case, I got the 2.1 because I see no point in getting a newer model of the DS when I have a perfectly fine DS Lite and the 3DS is right around the corner. And when that system is released, I'll keep my Lite around to use my flash card on, and will wait for a specially-designed 3DS flash card (it's inevitable).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.