Gaming Still having problems with flashing, will this solve it?

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
So I posted about my problem with the red rings in another forum

QUOTE said:
Hey guys. This is my second attempt at flashing my xbox 360. I currently have firmware i.4, but I want to be able to play the new games, so I'll be updating to 1.6. I took the 360 apart without any problems, and I connected the drive to my SATA card. I turn on the 360 (it's plugged in to the power unit and also has the cables that go in to the TV plugged in the back). After I turn it on, the fan makes a loud noise for a while, the lights flash, and I get 2 red lights. This has happened to me on every occasion. I tried unplugging it from my SATA card and plugging it back in to the 360 and I still got the 2 red lights.

At first I was freaking out because I thought I got RROD'd, but here's the weird thing - when I put the 360 back together (case, screws, etc), I plugged it in the regular way, turned it on, and it worked perfectly! So what exactly is going on? I've tried to flash it on 2 separate occasions; about a month ago and today. I'm doing this in a well ventilated area. I really dont know what could be wrong... Please help!

The people who replied told me that I would need to either do the RROD fix (which I'm not willing to do since it's way too complicated for me) or get a connectivity kit. If I do end up purchasing a connectivity kit, will that FOR SURE allow me to flash the 360 without any further issues? Is it more complicated to flash the 360 using the kit?

ZeroUnderOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I remember 2rrod means cpu failure/overheat. 3rrod means gpu failure/overheat

If you are getting issues like this when it is open it is because the fan isn't able to throw enough air on it to cool it due to the decreased ventilation. Getting one of the connectivity kits won't help imo.

Have you tried using a home fan or something aimed directly on it while it is open and on? I'm sure you have touched the heatsink to realize it was blazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)