Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Pls I’m in need of some help On the Serial thread sticky it has

Serials beginning with XAJ7:
XAJ70042X and below are safe to buy As green.

But in spoiler at bottom it has

XAJ700417 in orange

Confused why is it in orange said might not work when the top of the thread said it was safe?

JawhnL5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is in orange as it has been reported by a user as unpatched, but should not necessarily be used to determine whether or not your Switch is unpatched. If it is in red, it's patched.

Last edited by JawhnL5,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Pls I’m in need of some help On the Serial thread sticky it has

Serials beginning with XAJ7:
XAJ70042X and below are safe to buy As green.

But in spoiler at bottom it has

XAJ700417 in orange

Confused why is it in orange said might not work when the top of the thread said it was safe?
Serial number in orange are reported as unpatched,but should not be used to determin if your Switch is unpatched.
Means that particular serial number hasn't been reported enough times I guess. But sounds like it's safe.

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thx for the
Serial number in orange are reported as unpatched,but should not be used to determin if your Switch is unpatched.
Means that particular serial number hasn't been reported enough times I guess. But sounds like it's safe.

Thx for the reply ppl my serial of a unit I’m looking to buy is XAJ700417263xxx its below the green one at the top

but orange on the Serial number in orange are reported as unpatched,but should not be used to determin if your Switch is unpatched.

Does that mean it’s not 100% safe even tho it’s below the safe number to buy?

JawhnL5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the

Thx for the reply ppl my serial of a unit I’m looking to buy is XAJ700417263xxx its below the green one at the top

but orange on the Serial number in orange are reported as unpatched,but should not be used to determin if your Switch is unpatched.

It should still be safe, as units with serial numbers in that range have not been reported as being patched.

JawhnL5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything, consider the orange maybe in the spoiler as a precaution that the OP took in the event that a Switch with a serial number in that range ends up being patched so that he isn't blamed for spreading completely false information, while as it stands, it is assumed to be safe.

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If anything, consider the orange maybe in the spoiler as a precaution that the OP took in the event that a Switch with a serial number in that range ends up being patched so that he isn't blamed for spreading completely false information, while as it stands, it is assumed to be safe.

Does the top of the thread not override that bit?
If you just want to know if your Switch is patched or not, refer to the TL;DR section. The spoiler blow is only useful for people how want to buy a Switch an a specific firmware.

JawhnL5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the top of the thread not override that bit?
If you just want to know if your Switch is patched or not, refer to the TL;DR section. The spoiler blow is only useful for people how want to buy a Switch an a specific firmware.
The top of the thread would override the spoilers if you are strictly looking to determine whether or not you can put the Switch into RCM and push payloads to it.

JawhnL5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That I am not sure of, but I am noticing that it is outlining specific firmware versions, and the OP even states that they can be disregarded unless you are looking to acquire a Switch in that serial number range that is on specific firmware.

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That I am not sure of, but I am noticing that it is outlining specific firmware versions, and the OP even states that they can be disregarded unless you are looking to acquire a Switch in that serial number range that is on specific firmware.

So is it 100% safe to buy ?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thx for the

I think you need to ask the OP in that thread about that. But to me, it seems to suggest that you should go by what is said near the top, and not the individual reports. In which case it's safe.

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think you need to ask the OP in that thread about that. But to me, it seems to suggest that you should go by what is said near the top, and not the individual reports. In which case it's safe.

Ok I post a question to him now would u go ahead and buy it now while waiting for reply?

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Look, the problem with the hole thread is that there is no clear cut off line. On one point Nintendo shipped patched motherboard to the factory and the result is that
patched and unpatched exist within the same serial space. Someone get a patched Switch while others get an unpatched while the serials are very close together. The only somewhat reliable
way to get an unpatched Switch to buy a Swtich with a serial number below the one marked on green in the TL;DR section.

The purpose of the thread was to get a Switch with a certain firmware in the beginning. That's because all the Firmwares are listed. Some people thought they would get an unpatched one if they compare the serials in the firmware range section with the serial section in the patched range section (the one in red) and were upset because that doesn't work. I know that the thread has 123 pages, but this is at least the 10th time I wrote this, and honestly all the "iS the serial ahck pls reply k thx" is very tiresome, while on the other side, no one is reporting there newly bought Switched anymore. Without the data, we will never get a clear picture.

The error you said is valid, I will correct it. It just drowned in all the people who can't compare tow numbers.

Last edited by Essometer,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look, the problem with the hole thread is that there is no clear cut off line. On one point Nintendo shipped patched motherboard to the factory and the result is that
patched and unpatched exist within the same serial space. Someone get a patched Switch while others get an unpatched while the serials are very close together. The only somewhat reliable
way to get an unpatched Switch to buy a Swtich with a serial number below the one marked on green in the TL;DR section.

The purpose of the thread was to get a Switch with a certain firmware in the beginning. That's because all the Firmwares are listed. Some people thought they would get an unpatched one if they compare the serials in the firmware range section with the serial section in the patched range section (the one in red) and were upset because that doesn't work. I know that the thread has 123 pages, but this is at least the 10th time I wrote this, and honestly all the "iS the serial ahck pls reply k thx" is very tiresome, while on the other side, no one is reporting there newly bought Switched anymore. Without the data, we will never get a clear picture.

The error you said is valid, I will correct it. It just drowned in all the people who can't compare tow numbers.

Thx for the reply when u said it’s a error
Is XAJ700417263xxx 100% safe or should I try and get lower one?

Zap2000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's really close to the possible patched territory, if you want to be 100% get a lower one.

Ok thx for that how many digits below the green number would u recommend to be 100%? Wat number in relation to the one I posted would u consider 100% and I know for next time?

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ok thx for that how many digits below the green number would u recommend to be 100%? Wat number in relation to the one I posted would u consider 100% and I know for next time?
I'd say everything under XAJ70039000X should be fine. That should be true for the other ranges as well. One or two digits lower.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte