Hacking step by step to dstt cheats please!

emmas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, my kids have had their ds's for a while now and i have just worked out how to activate cheats on their supercard, however i cant work out what to do for the dstt. i have downloaded the usercheat.dat loaded it onto the card, and nothing happens, could someone help with some really basic ( like a 5 year old could understand!) step by step instructions, what i need to download, what i need to put on the card and where and once the cheats are loaded how to get them working, please help i am going bald with the stress of 2 bickering kids both wanting to play new super mario with the cheats working!

thank you in advance

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
To enable cheats select the game of your choice and press the plus button on the touchscreen or press SELECT to be taken to the game options menu. Select to turn cheats on and then select the cheats tab or press right to access the list of cheats, once finished save your selection. It works really well; the feature is simple and intuitive.
That's basically what you do, pasted from the review on GBATemp. Hope that helps.
Basically you press the + sign next to the game, then Enable cheats and there should be a tab called cheats somewhere at the top of the touch screen and you can pick the cheats you want there and then save. If you didn't see any cheats, then you probably didn't put the usrcheat.dat in the right spot.

emmas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks i have found that + icon but the cheats option is blank. any advice?

can someone also explain the cheat code editor? where do i find the relevant codes etc.

i am really behind the times with all this technology and appreciate the help

hate2.gif
thanks

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Instead of making your own cheat file, you can use the usrcheat.dat premade by Narin here: Cheats: GBATemp
They are updated almost every other day or less.

The reason it's blank is either the usrcheat.dat is in the wrong place(can't help you with this) or it doesn't have cheats for that game? I'm not sure where it's supposed to go as I don't actually own one... You'll have to get help from some other people. Sorry.

Ah I found where you put the usrcheat.dat.
sinkhead said:
Inside the 'TTMENU' folder you can put a 'usrcheat.dat' file. You can use ones designed for the R4/M3 Simply, or the TTDS ones.
There should be a cheat file included with the newest firmware which you can download from the official TTDS website
Just don't use the one from the DSTT site as it's probably more outdated than the one I gave you above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: