step by step to dstt cheats please!

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by emmas, Jun 14, 2008.

Jun 14, 2008

step by step to dstt cheats please! by emmas at 5:21 PM (22,466 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. emmas
    OP

Newcomer emmas Member

United States
    ok, my kids have had their ds's for a while now and i have just worked out how to activate cheats on their supercard, however i cant work out what to do for the dstt. i have downloaded the usercheat.dat loaded it onto the card, and nothing happens, could someone help with some really basic ( like a 5 year old could understand!) step by step instructions, what i need to download, what i need to put on the card and where and once the cheats are loaded how to get them working, please help i am going bald with the stress of 2 bickering kids both wanting to play new super mario with the cheats working!

thank you in advance

2. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    That's basically what you do, pasted from the review on GBATemp. Hope that helps.
    Basically you press the + sign next to the game, then Enable cheats and there should be a tab called cheats somewhere at the top of the touch screen and you can pick the cheats you want there and then save. If you didn't see any cheats, then you probably didn't put the usrcheat.dat in the right spot.

3. emmas
    OP

Newcomer emmas Member

United States
    thanks i have found that + icon but the cheats option is blank. any advice?

can someone also explain the cheat code editor? where do i find the relevant codes etc.

i am really behind the times with all this technology and appreciate the help

[​IMG] thanks

4. TheWingless

Member TheWingless Wafuu~

United States
    Instead of making your own cheat file, you can use the usrcheat.dat premade by Narin here: Cheats: GBATemp
    They are updated almost every other day or less.

The reason it's blank is either the usrcheat.dat is in the wrong place(can't help you with this) or it doesn't have cheats for that game? I'm not sure where it's supposed to go as I don't actually own one... You'll have to get help from some other people. Sorry.

Ah I found where you put the usrcheat.dat.
    Just don't use the one from the DSTT site as it's probably more outdated than the one I gave you above.

5. emmas
    OP

Newcomer emmas Member

United States
    thank you

2 happy kids and a mum with all her hair!

6. samred

Member samred GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ...nevermind, realized I'd been downloading the CHEAT.DAT rather than the USRCHEAT.DAT file. doy.