OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
T-Rex said:
wiiman123 said:
thanks for 4.2.1
What is the difference of SP4.2.1 with another SP4.2?
A couple multi-patches have been reduced to single patches. And a semi-working Region Free Wii Games has been added.

rolleyes.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
phpgeek said:
BlackAce83 said:
[Force Disc Region to Wii Region]
version=449
offset=0x8137D758,0x8137D77C,0x8137D6B4,0x8137D6B8
value=0x4800001C,0x60000000,0x3C608000,0x936300CC

The 4.2 firmware contains additional region protection. Porting the hacks from 4.0/4.1 will not give you a working force disc region hack. The same goes for region free wii games. This update is what also knocks out the wiikey.

I think your right, at first the only way i could test if it was working was to completely region change my Wii to Pal then try a USA game sense i didn't own a Pal game, this seem'd to produce a good enough test, sense when the patch was off my games didn't work, When On they starting working again so i had assumed it had worked and i did test this over and over but after getting my hands on a legit Pal game, and now seeing its doesn't work, i'll try to figure this out, but it is now seeming they did add something, So thanks for the heads up.
smile.gif
So region Free does look broken. Sorry People

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In regards to supporting all regions, wouldn't it be easier to add a selection screen to select your region or some means of auto detection, and then apply the patch(es) for your region?

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
I have a NTSC-U Wii at 3.2U with Preloader installed, what do I need to do to install StartPatch v4.2U and to use it instead of Preloader? can I uninstall Preloader? so since StartPatch doesn't load into HBC, I assume it loads into the Wii menu, correct? thanks for the help

help please
frown.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bnm81002 said:
bnm81002 said:
I have a NTSC-U Wii at 3.2U with Preloader installed, what do I need to do to install StartPatch v4.2U and to use it instead of Preloader? can I uninstall Preloader? so since StartPatch doesn't load into HBC, I assume it loads into the Wii menu, correct? thanks for the help

help please
frown.gif
First order of business would be to update to 4.2u since, well, StartPatch for 4.2 only works on that firmware. Imagine that!

But I think you'd be better off jumping to 4.1 if you're gonna update. Or heck, you could even use Starfall since you're still on 3.2

Mr_Boo_Berry

Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install IOS70 and System Menu 4.2 (the right one for your region) and that'll nuke Preloader. Then grab NAND Clean to remove the traces.

T-Rex

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
T-Rex said:
wiiman123 said:
thanks for 4.2.1
A couple multi-patches have been reduced to single patches. And a semi-working Region Free Wii Games has been added.

rolleyes.gif

Semi-working?? What?? Doesn't working in all imported Wii games?? Or what??

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
T-Rex said:
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
T-Rex said:
wiiman123 said:
thanks for 4.2.1

rolleyes.gif

Semi-working?? What?? Doesn't working in all imported Wii games?? Or what??
I dont believe its working at all, you'll have to wait for someone, to come up with a fix.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping i got the controller bug freeze fixed this time around,

Also i think in the next version i'll need to remove the region free wii games,
So are there any hacks that currently work on preloader that anyone would like me add to startpatch
any suggestions
Thanks

edit:
Already added for next release
PAL Release
JP Release
Force Wifi Connection failure
Block Online updates
Thanks to whomever originally ported these

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
I'm hoping i got the controller bug freeze fixed this time around,

Also i think in the next version i'll need to remove the region free wii games,
So are there any hacks that currently work on preloader that anyone would like me add to startpatch
any suggestions
Thanks

edit:
Already added for next release
PAL Release
Force Wifi Connection failure
Block Online updates
Thanks to whomever originally ported these

Working on JP Port
LOL! Great Job! Keep up the good work!

biggrin.gif

erikk1

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Starting a certain channel or dol instead of starting the system menu, is that a nice hack/option? Or is that not in the scope of startpatch? Or even already possible... if it is, then I am ashamed for this post
wink.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
erikk1 said:
Starting a certain channel or dol instead of starting the system menu, is that a nice hack/option? Or is that not in the scope of startpatch? Or even already possible... if it is, then I am ashamed for this post
wink.gif
Unsure but i do know i'm not capable of doing it, mostly what i',m talking about is hacks already on preloader, so i can port them to startpatch,

Also the PAL and JP Ports should be about ready for release, i've tested most of the hacks in pal and JP that i could test, but you never know there may be one or two not working
I think it will be best to wait until tomorrow before releasing the ports cause i want to test everything thoroughly and to be 100% sure theres no risk in bricking on my part
Thanks

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
Unsure but i do know i'm not capable of doing it, mostly what i',m talking about is hacks already on preloader, so i can port them to startpatch,

Also the PAL and JP Ports should be about ready for release, i've tested most of the hacks in pal and JP that i could test, but you never know there may be one or two not working
I think it will be best to wait until tomorrow before releasing the ports cause i want to test everything thoroughly and to be 100% sure theres no risk in bricking on my part
Thanks
I agree. Since StartPatch is potentially dangerous, it would be best to have as much testing as possible.

On the "dangerous" note... I would HIGHLY encourage anyone using, or considering using, StartPatch, to have BootMii installed as boot2, and a clean NAND backup handy, BEFORE using StartPatch.

lecture.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
I retested region free Wii games and it works.
How did you test it???? Thats the big question cause there is something really weird going on with the region free, let me explain.

The region free code that has been ported by looking at the memory does look like its apost to work, i believe in a way it is working.

See i can region change my USA Wii to PAL completely area console setting everything to PAL and after doing that my USA Games quit working cause i region changed it, and after patching the region free patch My Usa Games does start working, so it is looking like the region free is working but here is the problem, if you use a Legit Pal import, even with the region free code, i can't get it to work, So my thinking is,
The region free port is actually working but there is some extra protection keeping it from fully working, on a true import So until someone figures that out, i've removed the region free patch

But if you did manage to get it working, using a legit PAL or JP import thats strange cause i can't
But could you please explain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: