Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
da_letter_a said:
Thanks TiMeBoMb4u2.
I'm going to port the "Block Online Updates" to my preloader hacks.ini!

And I'm not really sure but...
How is the "Force WiFi Connection Test Error" useful?
Whenever a connection test fails (haven't used this hack yet), my wii refuses to use that connection until it can connect to the internet.

Example:
I don't currently have internet at my house, but my Wii is connected to a wireless LAN, and if the connection test fails, it won't let me use that connection.
I suppose it would be useful to keep people from changing your settings...maybe. I dunno. Could be one of those things like the black screen/crashing patches....something that's not entirely useful.
tongue.gif

*edit*
Now for Region free from SD (he said hopefully).
wink.gif
But really, nice work. I never thought of a hack for disabling the online updates. What is it's behavior anyway? Does it try to download and just not work?

Its behavior is, if you try to update your Wii through like the shop channel or Connection test, it will fail instantly, the update screen will appear but give a instant error code

And I'm not really sure but...
How is the "Force WiFi Connection Test Error" useful?
Whenever a connection test fails (haven't used this hack yet), my wii refuses to use that connection until it can connect to the internet.

Not sure but it would seem to be useful if you didn't want someone playing online while you was away or something, it works good so i figured put it in.lol

tw3nz0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any chance on getting these two patches backported to 4.1?

# Block Online Updates - Prevents online updates being installed.
# Force WiFi Connection Test Error - Forces a WiFi Connection Test Error.

LordX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tw3nz0r said:
Any chance on getting these two patches backported to 4.1?

# Block Online Updates - Prevents online updates being installed.
# Force WiFi Connection Test Error - Forces a WiFi Connection Test Error.

Yeah , will be nice to get [Block Online Updates] for 4.1E, but what for we need [Force WiFi Connection Test Error] ? if Block Online Updates do the job ...
blink.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
I installed this successfully and selected some hacks but what exactly does the "force disc to use 249"?

I installed it thinking it would let me play backups of my region through disc channel but it doesnt...

What does it?

User423

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is a IOS36 installed with TBR MOD by da_letter (installs newest IOS) applied Trucha and ES_Identify enough? Or is only Trucha enough too?

And how does the "Disable Online Updates" Hack work?

TheNeck

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When i try to install the Auto-Press A At Health Screen patch it gives me this error,

"The patch section was not found the in DOL. Nothing to do."

How do i fix this? Thanks

I never used starpatch before, so sorry if this is a dumb question.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
TheNeck said:
When i try to install the Auto-Press A At Health Screen patch it gives me this error,

I guessing your using the 4.2U, The Hack works i've re-tested to be sure, StartPatch has a safe check in it, were it checks a Value at a certain memory address if this value doesn't match it wont let you install the patch, So it isn''t blindly patching the system menu, If the patch isn't installing, its because your system menu Value isn't matching at that certain address, which is normally because 1-you already have the hack applied or you've applied preloader hacks in the past.

QUOTE(laurozza @ Oct 11 2009, 11:00 AM) I have your same problem. o.o
Your problem may be different, Which startpatch are your using 4.2U/4.2E I'm guessing 4.2E so which Hack are you having a problem with and i'll check it out

laurozza

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
BlackAce83 said:
TheNeck said:

I guessing your using the 4.2U, The Hack works i've re-tested to be sure, StartPatch as a safe check in it, were it checks a Value at a certain memory address if this value doesn't match it wont let you install the patch, So it isn''t blindly patching the system menu, If the patch isn't installing, its because your system menu Value isn't matching at that certain address, which is normally because 1-you already have the hack applied or you've applied preloader hacks in the past.

QUOTE(laurozza @ Oct 11 2009, 11:00 AM) I have your same problem. o.o
Your problem may be different, Which startpatch are your using 4.2U/4.2E I'm guessing 4.2E so which Hack are you having a problem with and i'll check it out
4.2E. All hacks have this problem.
I would like to use only the "Replace Health Screen With Black" hack, bacause preloader don't have it.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
laurozza said:
4.2E. All hacks have this problem.
I would like to use only the "Replace Health Screen With Black" hack, bacause preloader don't have it.

This is working fine over here, no preloader installed here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo