Hacking StartPatch v4.2U Released!

tylerxian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm having trouble opening the old StartPatch 4.1 to uninstall my previous hacks. I'm getting an wsfs_open: error -106. Any suggestions? Thanks.

toño88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tylerxian said:
Hello, I'm having trouble opening the old StartPatch 4.1 to uninstall my previous hacks. I'm getting an wsfs_open: error -106. Any suggestions? Thanks.
If you have installed a new system menu all the previous hacks had been uninstalled

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xzxero said:
yeauh, well as for me time to pack a bowl in celebration of this.

I wish I had a bit of that stuff ha ha. I ran out a few days ago. So out of curiosity just for the sake of having the patch available is there a copy of this app floating around that still includes the IOS Reload patch? I don't care for the use of 249 myself but it does offer some other useful possible applications of the same patch.......

omninmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey ^^

So basically i have a hardmodded wii (wiikey v1) @ 4.2E with nothing but HBC (for GeckoOS and GeeXbox) installed, I had to usa Trucha Bug Restorer to get starpatch running and I was able to get by and apply the 5 region free patches (I touched nothing else)

Here's the weird part... Now Disc Channel properly displays my NTSC games (which it didn't before), but when I go and click to start the game all i get is a black screen.. I checked and GeckoOS still plays the NTSC games fine, and my PAL games work fine from Disc Channel aswell.. it's just the NTSC games on disc channel that aren't working
frown.gif

anything i forgot or did wrong? can anyone lend a hand?
biggrin.gif

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
You video system is PAL. That's why NTSC discs won't run natively.

I used AnyRegion Changer to change my machine's video mode to NTSC. It's more compatible for me. The PAL-games work, and so does the NTSC ones.

omninmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the insight.. would there be any danger in doing the same myself? like I said, I only installed HBC and restored the trucha bug, no other modifications (besides startpatch)..

also it's weird, if that is the case, why can gecko play them fine even if I dont force any region in the settings?

thx in advance ^^

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I think Gecko defaults to the video standard of the disc. The disc channel does no such thing.

I guess there's no harm in changing only the video mode. I changed it forth and back many times. In the end, it's your choice. Note that PAL channels may not work if you change video mode. All my channels are NTSC, hence no problem.

omninmo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK so following your advice, i had to use DOP-IOS mod to trucha IOS35

and then i used anyregion changer to change just the video mode from PAL to NTSC with no other settings change ^^

and guess what?
biggrin.gif
i'm game!

everything now boots fine from the disc channel menu in full color and no black bars!

perfect, just in time for my NMH2 import!
biggrin.gif

thx again for your help, m8! ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2