Hacking StartPatch v4.2?

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
EDIT: Perhaps you should adjust the topic title to something like "Startpatch 4.2 WIP - Help needed!"
How do I edit the topic title?
I tried editing the first post, but the title is not editable there.

unsure.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
zektor said:
EDIT: Perhaps you should adjust the topic title to something like "Startpatch 4.2 WIP - Help needed!"
How do I edit the topic title?
I tried editing the first post, but the title is not editable there.

unsure.gif

Oops..though it was under "full edit". Maybe not
wink.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Just added a WPAD_Init(); at the end of the main.c sure i'll upload the source, i did change acouple of things in the main.c and the patches.c trying to figure it out, you'll need to re-edit the main.c to say what you want again. i upload the source in a pm to TimeBomb

edit:
I re-checked the disc channel Hack its works good, and it removes it correctly so i guess you'll just need to test the rest of the hacks and you should be good to go

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
Just added a WPAD_Init(); at the end of the main.c sure i'll upload the source, i did change acouple of things in the main.c and the patches.c trying to figure it out, you'll need to re-edit the main.c to say what you want again. i upload the source in a pm to TimeBomb

Great! Good work...both of you guys!

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you need an additional test (assuming you're testing 4.2u) I wouldn't mind testing it. I have BootMii of course, so no problems if a patch b0rks something up.

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The great part about this is that (if it works as expected) we'll have an up to date source that we can use against future system menu versions. I really love startpatch. It was just sad that the original author is apparently gone and never left us with the source for the last version (4.1)

donowprod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would just like to say thank you guys for your time and effort working on this and testing it. You guys really rock, Keep it up. The wii scene needs more katz like you...

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got it working with the wiimote as well and installed the bg music stop, move disc channel, and the auto hit "a" for healthcheck....and they all work. I guess I'll wait for you guys to upload a dol or source tho
smile.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I think the main.c i used in the uploaded version i sent you was a older version than the one you had i think i'll use the newest instead

edit: yes looks alot better also. I think its just about done. Good Job Everyone

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
I think the main.c i used in the uploaded version i sent you was a older version than the one you had i think i'll use the newest instead
I can't figure out how to add back the "Warning" screen. Please re-edit the newer "main.c" with your fixes, and keep the "Warning" part.
rolleyes.gif

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder what fixes were applied. I can tell you right now that the last source that you sent me (TiMeBoMb4u2) has alot of issues. The three patches I mentioned earlier work, but the nocopyprotection (this is for saves) does not, along with just about every other patch. Most of them say the patch is already in the dol...even before updating. Hopefully the fixes from BlackAce83 added a whole lot. I am starting to have my doubts now...without the source to startpatch v4.1.

TiMeBoMb4u2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zektor said:
I wonder what fixes were applied. I can tell you right now that the last source that you sent me (TiMeBoMb4u2) has alot of issues. The three patches I mentioned earlier work, but the nocopyprotection (this is for saves) does not, along with just about every other patch. Most of them say the patch is already in the dol...even before updating. Hopefully the fixes from BlackAce83 added a whole lot. I am starting to have my doubts now...without the source to startpatch v4.1.
The first source I sent had a LOT of commas missing from the offsets. So, those patches won't work. I'm working on some more fixes...

biggrin.gif

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
I fixed it, a copy and paste error.lol

if you need just let me know, I guess you got it fixed by now anyways.
So far all the hacks seem to work, atleast the ones i can test

TiMeBoMb4u2 said:
zektor said:
The first source I sent had a LOT of commas missing from the offsets. So, those patches won't work. I'm working on some more fixes...

biggrin.gif
Yea thats what i added in the patches.c all the commas, i think you had most of that fixed in test2 anyways right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat