alejandroues

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i'm glad to see you guys liked it

@andymacross I dont think I could make a version for NTSC-JAP, because I didn't find any preloader codes for the 4.0J

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks awesome! wanted somthing like this ever since SM4.0, i eventually gave in and installed preloader just to apply the hacks. My question is this, i did somthing that screwed up my wii pretty bad and i unknowingly/noobishly did it (lol) i used the DIP-IOS program on here and i dl'd IOS60 (the system menu IOS and preloaders IOS) needless to say it bricked my wii wouldnt load system menu with that patched IOS, however in preloader i simply changed the IOS the sys menu loads to 249, then it loaded the SM and i fixed the IOS60 and changed it back to load in IOS60, my question is will the recovery menu on this allow me to do the same thing? (or worse, did i get that error only because preloader needed it patched to work in the first place..?) If so id like to install bootmii and get rid of preloader all together since it no longer will be worked on, thanks in advance!
bow.gif
grog.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Everything works for me (tested everything I can, including copying a usually NoCopy save...funny part is that the Copy button is still greyed out, but it works), except for region free SD channel. Am I the only one or something?
tongue.gif
Anyway, thanks for the addition of the backmenu and the NoCopy flags.
smile.gif

andymacross

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
alejandroues said:
I dont think I could make a version for NTSC-JAP, because I didn't find any preloader codes for the 4.0J

I see...
unsure.gif
v4.0.3 NTSC-J it ragion free dosn't work... so...

en...
thx you anyway!

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
why in the world not JUST USE PRELOADER?

Because I already have BootMii v2, and preloader is lower level and "installed". All I need is the patches, so why bother with Preloader? Just run Startpatch, run the patches you want and be done with it.

Anyway, I tested the copy thing and can further confirm it works. I also like that in this version the No Health screen isn't just automatically bypassing it, but actually removes it and replaces it with the more generic loading screen.

Great program. Would use again.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hooya said:
icefireicefire said:
why in the world not JUST USE PRELOADER?

Because I already have BootMii v2, and preloader is lower level and "installed". All I need is the patches, so why bother with Preloader? Just run Startpatch, run the patches you want and be done with it.

Anyway, I tested the copy thing and can further confirm it works. I also like that in this version the No Health screen isn't just automatically bypassing it, but actually removes it and replaces it with the more generic loading screen.

Great program. Would use again.

This. Preloader has always seemed really intrusive to me and since I have BootMii-boot2 I have all the brick protection I need.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update the first post and request a thread lock for great justice?

Unless you plan on further developing your own branch, of course.

Dan_Aykroyd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Alejandro! Great mod you've made, I've been using it until recently! I wanted to ask you if you know what's happening with a bug I think I've found and posted about in the original StartPatch (but no one replied...
unsure.gif
). Here it is; do you know what might be going on? Thanks for any comments you could make on this!

QUOTE said:
Well, I have found some issues with the v4.0.61 in a NTSC-U FW 4.0

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump but I am interested in using this.

The current StartPatch 4.1 says not to have trucha-bugged IOS36. My IOS35 and IOS36 are trucha-patched, is that bad for the StartPatch 4.0.4 for System Menu 4.0 USA/NTSC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: