StartPatch Compatibility

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ayojoe, Jul 22, 2009.

Jul 22, 2009

StartPatch Compatibility by ayojoe at 8:31 PM (1,057 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ayojoe
    OP

Newcomer ayojoe Advanced Member

United States
    All of my Wii System Mods are in my sig for reference. I have 4.0 with some IOS patched

I'm wondering if I can use the StartPatch 4.0.4. USA-MOD

The current StartPatch 4.1 says not to have trucha-bugged IOS36. My IOS35, IOS36, and ES_identify are all trucha-patched, is that bad for the StartPatch 4.0.4 for System Menu 4.0 USA/NTSC? I also did not patch my NAND-writing permissions with the Trucha Bug Restorer.

I have CIOS36rev10.

In my situation can I still use the StartPatch 4.0.4 USA-MOD successfully without hassle? I want to block game disc updates, remove copy flags, and region free my Wii/Wii Channels.

2. tj_cool

Supervisor tj_cool Stuff

Belgium
    Just a question: why no preloader?

3. ayojoe
    OP

United States
    I knew this would pop up eventually and I'm glad you asked. I have no point for Preloader, I don't like how it integrates into IOS60, and I already am safe with a NAND Backup from BootMii on boot2.

Now that it's out of the way, could someone help me. Please refer to my first/opening post.

4. ayojoe
    OP

United States
    bump, (don't really want to do this)

Could someone please help? Again, refer to opening post.

5. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    IOS36, and ES_identify are all trucha-patched, is that bad for the StartPatch 4.0.4 for System Menu 4.0 USA/NTSC? I also did not patch my NAND-writing permissions with the Trucha Bug Restorer.

I have CIOS36rev10.

In my situation can I still use the StartPatch 4.0.4 USA-MOD successfully without hassle? I want to block game disc updates, remove copy flags, and region free my Wii/Wii Channels.

i am in the same boat except i need conformation for a PAL wii, my setup is near identicle = cios rev 10/bootmii nand dumped/tbr but did not patch nand permissions (is that the right thing to do?)