Hacking StartPatch Compatibility

ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All of my Wii System Mods are in my sig for reference. I have 4.0 with some IOS patched

I'm wondering if I can use the StartPatch 4.0.4. USA-MOD

The current StartPatch 4.1 says not to have trucha-bugged IOS36. My IOS35, IOS36, and ES_identify are all trucha-patched, is that bad for the StartPatch 4.0.4 for System Menu 4.0 USA/NTSC? I also did not patch my NAND-writing permissions with the Trucha Bug Restorer.

I have CIOS36rev10.

In my situation can I still use the StartPatch 4.0.4 USA-MOD successfully without hassle? I want to block game disc updates, remove copy flags, and region free my Wii/Wii Channels.

ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
Just a question: why no preloader?
I knew this would pop up eventually and I'm glad you asked. I have no point for Preloader, I don't like how it integrates into IOS60, and I already am safe with a NAND Backup from BootMii on boot2.

Now that it's out of the way, could someone help me. Please refer to my first/opening post.

ayojoe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump, (don't really want to do this)

Could someone please help? Again, refer to opening post.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
IOS36, and ES_identify are all trucha-patched, is that bad for the StartPatch 4.0.4 for System Menu 4.0 USA/NTSC? I also did not patch my NAND-writing permissions with the Trucha Bug Restorer.

I have CIOS36rev10.

In my situation can I still use the StartPatch 4.0.4 USA-MOD successfully without hassle? I want to block game disc updates, remove copy flags, and region free my Wii/Wii Channels.

i am in the same boat except i need conformation for a PAL wii, my setup is near identicle = cios rev 10/bootmii nand dumped/tbr but did not patch nand permissions (is that the right thing to do?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzmdrobXH34