Hacking Start downloading Games?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, to be Frank instead of Bob... I keep thinking about the 3DS/Vita.

3DS: .3ds, then .3dsx, then .cia formats.
Vita: .vgs, then Mai, then NoNpDRM.

So yeah, it's entirely possible we see a secondary or third format for games. Just saying.
Not going to happen on Switch, we already have the final formats.

.XCI = will be the main format for a game cartridge backup loader like TX's
.NSP = will be the main installer format for tools like FBI/DevMenu
both formats are PFS0 container and with signature checks patched, it will be easy to convert any game to one of these.

Also, using XCI will be easier then CIA on 3DS, because you will only need to copy them to the SD Card, no need to install! (I just hope Atmosphere will make that happen, else TX....)

MHDestination

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not going to happen on Switch, we already have the final formats.

.XCI = will be the main format for a game cartridge backup loader like TX's
.NSP = will be the main installer format for tools like FBI/DevMenu
both formats are PFS0 container and with signature checks patched, it will be easy to convert any game to one of these.

Also, using XCI will be easier then CIA on 3DS, because you will only need to copy them to the SD Card, no need to install! (I just hope Atmosphere will make that happen, else TX....)

But the first BBB-releases were extracted romfs and exefs files.
These might need to be repacked to xci

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, they got re-released as xci. But i'm talking about the first releases.

Are they useless now?
Or will there be a way to repack?
Probably not worth the effort when it takes minutes to redownload. They are only nuked by scene standards though, so maybe there will be a way to repackage at some point.

syntaxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I would just like to add to this thread by saying that you are better off dumping your own games. Just like with the 3DS, you have the benefits of having a dump with unique header/key data. This is important because you could be flagged by Nintendo when you play a game with header/keys that 700 others are using as well, the likelyhood of you physically sharing the game between 700 friends is pretty low if you ask me.
Anyways, legit all the way! With CFW ofcourse :)

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
What are you on about cant see him anymore, aggghh the power of ignore and all is well in the world again lol.
I would just like to add to this thread by saying that you are better off dumping your own games. Just like with the 3DS, you have the benefits of having a dump with unique header/key data. This is important because you could be flagged by Nintendo when you play a game with header/keys that 700 others are using as well, the likelyhood of you physically sharing the game between 700 friends is pretty low if you ask me.
Anyways, legit all the way! With CFW ofcourse :)
I would imagine some from of on the fly injection tool would take care of this as all keys are derived from master keys no ?

Last edited by DaveLister,

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way some people are acting it makes me wish that the people who post on public sites (like the one linked earlier in this thread) take the releases back underground again............
Like I said,
Kids like these are why we cant have good things

syntaxyz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What are you on about cant see him anymore, aggghh the power of ignore and well is well in the world again lol.

I would imagine some from of on the fly injection tool would take care of this as all keys are derived from master keys no ?

Those would certainly be master keys not present in the Nintendo Switch hardware. Those are keys that only Nintendo owns. (Kinda like a public/private key pair).
Sidenote: Remember the days you could inject a key from a legit (different) 3DS game into an illegal copy? I kinda hope that does not work anymore tho.

Last edited by syntaxyz,

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*gets some orville redenbackers, applies butter, watches intently.*

I am not terribly interested in cart dumps at this time; Or at least, the title I am interested in appropriating a dump from (which I happen to already own, and would not be remiss in posting a photo of the cart to prove it) is explicitly to look at the data itself, not to run it. Specifically, I want a Skyrim dump, as I am very curious about some things. :P I have no real interest in any others at this time. If other people want to grab the images before the DMCA takedown hammer smashes all the mirrors, that is their prerogative. I have no opinion either way.

I will just wait for the CFW to mature, and grab the inevitable dumping application and dump my cart for analysis at that time. I am a patient man. The switch is as good as hacked, I just need to kick back and chill. By the sounds of it, this will be very soon. Until then, popcorn, soda, and free entertainment.

I mostly grabbed my switch to replace my aged PSP 1000 for playing emulator titles, but having full function for the intended ecosystem is also a plus. Atmosphere looks like it will deliver. Dump loaders are inevitable. I will need one to run a modified cart dump, which is my ultimate objective with the research I mention. Just chill, enjoy the show.

No need to net-nanny or rage about the nannies. Inevitable things are inevitable. Simple truths dont need further elaboration.

Wierd_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those would certainly be master keys not present in the Nintendo Switch hardware. Those are keys that only Nintendo owns. (Kinda like a public/private key pair).
Sidenote: Remember the days you could inject a key from a legit (different) game into an illegal copy? I kinda hope that does not work anymore tho.

Quite right. Sony did it *ALL WRONG*, because they did not use a RANDOM salt when they used their keys to generate title signatures.

The very basic version:

You use the secret key, and a large random prime number that you use only one time, to generate a signature. The resulting signature cannot be reversed to derive the secret key, because of the random salt.

Sony, in their "INFINITE WISDOM", used the same large prime number every single time. Because they are idiots. That is how the secret key was derived. (Sufficient sample signatures existed with that salt, that the salt could be isolated, and the secret key derived.)

Nintendo is very much not stupid like Sony. They will salt their signatures properly. That means the only way you will get the secret key is to physically invade Nintendo HQ and steal it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: istg if lose another game of minesweeper