Country
Canada
unsure.gif

Heito

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But isn't Mother3.org working on a patch? Does this mean that the two are joining forces or is there going to be competition for a patch?

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Last I checked, Mother3.org is working on a patch. However, they lack an all-star team like starmen.net has. Tomato doing the translation! Gideon Zhi doing the hacking!! And Demi helping with the script!!! Wow! What a team!

Here's to hoping it goes well!

Akotan

Mathematical!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.viciocriativo.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Last news I saw from Mother3.org translation process was that they're desperately looking for a japanese translator on a message board (of a site that I don't recall right now...). Something's going fish over there...

Hope they could do it too but, after so many years showing Mother series love, SM.net translation will rock! (
happy.gif
) They have a great team working, there's nothing that can go wrong!

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Some guys at starmen.net had the game script translated just a few days after the game was released retail. I don't think a rom patch was ever attempted by anyone there. As for mother3.org, I've given up hope. Very early on they posted like 45% complete, then the next week it would be 65% complete then all of a sudden nothing, no updates, no progress reports nothing.
If the progress was a s fast as they originally started posting, the trans would be finished ages ago.

[-EDIT-]

I just read on the starmen page that its Tomato who is translating.. this is excellent news as he has worked on many titles before including such greats as Bahamuut Lagoon.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Maybe Nintendo decided that the costs for translating wouldn't be covered by the sales? You know, Earthbound was a cult success, but it *was* also released at the same time as FF6, back then...

I guess they'd rather have english-speaking rom users work at it instead of taking an estimated (correct or not, that's not the point) loss on this one...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!