Hacking Stargate 3DS + NTRBootHax

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just like the conveneint of just having to drop my .3ds games on the microsd and play as I'm spoiled by the Gateway 3DS. I did cfw just as a learning thing as I have an old R4i cart and wanted to take my stock v11.6 all he way to cfw just to see what is all involved. I'm using my Gateway 3DS on my old 3DS as Gateway currently don't have an official release to support 11.6 yet and I don't want to install a Frankenstein GW Fw. I also got the Stargate 3DS at a decent price which is way less than the $91 and plus I got a free r4i RTS SDHC along with free shipping as well so I couldn't refuse.

I will wait and watch, I might pick up a stargate later. When you factor in the free shipping and another r4i and if you did not pay the 91.00, then it's not that bad I suppose. I would still pay 40-50.00 for a gateway if one broke, they are still that useful for me. It just seems like we are seeing the last breaths with the 3DS, when I saw the retail price I though, that seems a little high this late in the game. Also - I have been using the 11.6 Franken firmware on 4 N3DS's with gateway for around 2 weeks now without issue. Honestly I had not even run into any games that were not working on their units, I had just updated emunand to 11.6 franken firmware just because I could.

So with the stargate, do you feel like it is equivalent to your GW as far as being able to easily fill the memory card it uses with .3ds files to play those games, but now you can also do the same exact thing with NDS games? Alongside the .3ds games on the same card?

Elliander

Trophies
Website
elliander.etherealspheres.com
XP
Country
United States
As someone who similarly wants to use .3DS files over .CIA files, and who has a Gateway 3DS, and who has DSTWO+, how did you like the transition to Stargate? Does it still work up to date, and can you use it in combination with a CFW like Luma?

I have zero interest in switching to .CIA, but Gateway isn't officially supported anymore. Honestly, I'd prefer it if protocols for accessing the SD card slot in Gateway was implemented in Luma and .3DS support was added, but since that hasn't happened I've been reading through posts of people in similar situations.

larrypretty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Everyone,

I have a new Nintendo 3DS XL with FW v11.6 and I have installed NTRBoothax on it with LUMAs v9.0. After I did this I decided to get a StarGate 3DS so I can just play .3ds ROMs just like my Gateway 3DS so my question is will the Stargate 3DS work fine with NTRBoothax and LUMAs already installed?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE
Stargate 3ds has bad review on the Internet, you can just google, if you want to choose a flashcard, r4i gold plus is better, however it plays ds games only, sky3ds+ plays 3ds games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4