StarCraft: Remastered announced

After months of rumors and potential leaks, Blizzard has finally announced that their classic title from 1998, StarCraft, will be getting a remaster. Releasing this summer, StarCraft: Remastered will offer a complete graphical overhaul, widescreen support for up to 4K resolution, and a re-recorded soundtrack as well as redone voice acting. Content from the Brood War expansion will be included too, alongside LAN and online play options. The game will launch on Mac and Windows sometime this Summer.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Aren't they a little early for their April Fools joke?

On a more serious note, I wonder how much they intend on charging for it..If it's much more than about $15 I'm not that interested, even if I played the hell out of the original when I was younger.
If they're remaking all the sprites and tiles in 4K then it's well-worth the money. If they're just stretching them or increasing the viewport then it needs to be cheapo, sure. Either way, Starcraft is a mandatory game to play.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Chary what's the difference gonna be with mass recall mod for starcraft 2? it's free, movies work, i could end the game without any errors or glitches and there are even some extra campaigns added. i'm not sure of the resolution but should be the same as starcraft 2.

Last edited by Jack Daniels, , Reason: adding
D

Deleted User

All the old people on the web mention this game as a great game, will be happy to play it if my lap could run it

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, it's not live yet, but according to Blizzard, the game will be free when Brood War gets patched this week.

At first I was mildly interested, but now you say it's free... OK full hype mode engaged!

So gonna enjoy this.

If it was for pay, I would say it better be cheap because watching the video I could hardly tell the difference. (but wide screen support alone will be nice)

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

After months of rumors and potential leaks, Blizzard has finally announced that their classic title from 1998, StarCraft, will be getting a remaster. Releasing this summer, StarCraft: Remastered will offer a complete graphical overhaul, widescreen support for up to 4K resolution, and a re-recorded soundtrack as well as redone voice acting. Content from the Brood War expansion will be included too, alongside LAN and online play options. The game will launch on Mac and Windows sometime this Summer.

WOOT, I look forward to playing this with my bf :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope they include the campaign editor still. I had more fun making maps than I did actually playing the game.

Probably doesn't matter for me anyways seeing how I'm still on a AMD 64 AthlonX2

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs