Star Trek Discovery

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mom and I have seen the first season, but we had forgotten what had happened, so we're rewatching it again. the beginning starts with Klingon, and there were no subtitles. I insisted to my mom that there were subtitles for the Klingon parts. according to google, there weren't for the cbs version of at least the first episode, but they were added by netflix, which is the one we were using. I added the entire catalogue to my nvidia shield. anyway, I figured out how to get subtitles for just the Klingon parts through vlc player. :D not sure if it will stick to all episodes or if I'll have to redo it each time, but I'm glad there's that option (no subtitles during the English parts, so my mother was very happy about that). :)

Reactions: Lacius

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Klingon parts are absolutely supposed to have subtitles. In general Forced English subtitles are for foreign parts, and English subtitles are for foreign parts and English speaking dialogue.

I got to rewatch Seasons 1-2 of Discovery recently as I got my friends caught up, and they all really liked them. In my opinion, the order of Discovery seasons from best to worst are 3>1>2.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Klingon parts are absolutely supposed to have subtitles. In general Forced English subtitles are for foreign parts, and English subtitles are for foreign parts and English speaking dialogue.

I got to rewatch Seasons 1-2 of Discovery recently as I got my friends caught up, and they all really liked them. In my opinion, the order of Discovery seasons from best to worst are 3>1>2.
season 4 is being broadcast currently. I have the first three episodes from sonarr, and yep, I used "forced English," pretty sure. do you know if it carries over to other episodes or videos if you enabled it the first time?:

1638737539539.png

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
season 4 is being broadcast currently. I have the first three episodes from sonarr, and yep, I used "forced English," pretty sure. do you know if it carries over to other episodes or videos if you enabled it the first time?:

View attachment 288422
Generally speaking, most media players use Forced English by default if they're present in the MKV file and tagged appropriately as Forced English by whoever created the file.

I'm watching Season 4 of Discovery as they air. I have yet to decide if the overall plot is good, since there are still some mysteries, but so far so good.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Generally speaking, most media players use Forced English by default if they're present in the MKV file and tagged appropriately as Forced English by whoever created the file.

I'm watching Season 4 of Discovery as they air. I have yet to decide if the overall plot is good, since there are still some mysteries, but so far so good.
I had to enable it with episode 1.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For my default media player (Plex), I just enable the setting to play forced English by default, and I don't have to mess with the individual files.
we'll find out if it works that way with vlc player this weekend, since that's when my mother and I watch stuff together. if it doesn't work, I'll try out plex. btw, it looks like sonarr email notifications are working:

1639068587426.png

just wish that it had been center seat instead tbh.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really loving season 1 of discovery. @Lacius , I think I have the forced English subtitles for Klingon or any other foreign language enabled by default with vlc player. I just found the option for it, so we shall see how that goes. :D

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius , we just got done watching season 2 of discovery. pretty weird season to say the least. I think I liked season 1 more.
I like Season 1 more than I like Season 2, but they're both good seasons. The time travel in Season 2 was lazy writing at best, but I'm happy that the rest of the show takes place in the 32nd century. That allows for a lot more callbacks and easter eggs.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like Season 1 more than I like Season 2, but they're both good seasons. The time travel in Season 2 was lazy writing at best, but I'm happy that the rest of the show takes place in the 32nd century. That allows for a lot more callbacks and easter eggs.
Watching season 3 right now. I think Michael Bernam looks pretty with long hair.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius , my mom thinks that Hugh is cute. I told her that Stanis and Hugh make a cute couple. they do seem like they belong together. I'm not gay, but I think they're both handsome. :)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Lacius , my mom thinks that Hugh is cute. I told her that Stanis and Hugh make a cute couple. they do seem like they belong together. I'm not gay, but I think they're both handsome. :)
Yeah yeah, sure, but the real hottie is Doug Jones as Saru. He always plays the sexiest characters.

1mlwo145jg371.png

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoyed Season 4 of Discovery. The pacing was a little inconsistent, and there were some other minor issues, but I was very happy with the last two episodes of the season.

The special cameo at the end of the Season 4 finale was also really neat.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more episode to watch of season 3, then we'll watch center seat, after which it will be back to discovery. episode 13 is the finale of season 4? I had that record in sonarr but hadn't checked if it was.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
one more episode to watch of season 3, then we'll watch center seat, after which it will be back to discovery. episode 13 is the finale of season 4? I had that record in sonarr but hadn't checked if it was.
Yes, Season 4 of Discovery is thirteen episodes.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Watching the final episode of season 3 right now with my mom. Really liked the final two episodes of that season. :) btw, what should I call you. I mean I don't know your name, so I call you "my star trek friend" to my mom. ;)

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: