Star Trek: Discovery

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Veho, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Veho
    OP

Veho The man who cried "Ni".

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2006
    Croatia
    Zagreb
    Trailer oop.

Set in the original series continuity, around 10 years before Kirk's adventures.

The main character is Sarek's adopted human daughter who also grew up on Vulcan. Yes, Spock's (adopted) sister. We will also find out why Spock never mentioned her. The creators promise they will find a way to cram her into the canon without any retconning of the previous series, but it all smells like a fanfiction Mary Sue to me. Like Harry Potter's hotter twin brother who was left with his other aunt.

And they've redesigned the Klingons again. The show will reveal how Klingons got their forehead ridges. And then lost them in TOS. Then regained them sometime before TNG.

And of course I'm gonna watch it because it's friggin Star Trek, okay? Don't judge me.

Anywhooo. Thoughts?

DinohScene likes this.
  2. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Seems yeah, a bit too mary sue for me. I'm so sure, Spock's adopted sister. Puh-lease. They didn't need to cram that in. Interesting that they're going before Kirk's era, though. I honestly just want more Star Trek movies with the alternate timeline cast, Chris Pine was really good as Kirk imo. I suppose I'll watch it just cuz like you said, it's friggin Star Trek.

3. DinohScene

DinohScene Dino May Fire

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    I'd rather have it play out in the 29th century.
    But yeh, I'll watch it tho.