itsRANDELL

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Which one should I get Star Ocean 3 or Rogue Galaxy? And please explain why.
smile.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A total bias vote given that I've only played one, but Star Ocean 3 wasn't too bad. If you've played the one for the PSX, it's about the same thing with the few changes as you'd understand. Teams of three now, some skills use HP instead of MP (and hitting MP 0 kills you), and they've changed the PA system too I think. It's been a long while since I've played mind you.

I know SO3 is $20 since I bought it at that price a few years ago, but RG might be that cheap now, I don't know.

Prophet

Resident Black Militant
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Star ocean 3 is really good and by far the better game. However, the voice acting is so terrible that I couldn't bring my self to finish it. Be warned. Rogue Galaxy is a solid experience all the way through. It's not mind blowing but it is good. BTW have you played Xenosaga?

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually own both. Its hard to say on which one to get because each have their own strong and weak points.

I actually found both to be good, but after I finished Rogue Galaxy I put it away and now its collecting dust. However I still have yet to finish Star Ocean 3 as you can see in my sig and from what I have played so far it is a really good game, yes the VA is well left to be desired, some of the load times....

Overall, I am finding SO3 to be a bit better than Rogue Galaxy but, they both are good in their own ways, just that im finding out that SO3 is more better than Rogue Galaxy in terms of story and its gameplay.

So I would say Star Ocean 3. Anyways nowadays both are dirt cheap and you can probably find them selling for at least 20-30 bucks each so if you got the cash just grab both if you can and judge for yourself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up