Gaming Star Fox and F-Zero Wii

Julian Sidewind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else wondering when the forgotten 2 major series of Nintendo platform games are gonna show up on the wii?

That sounded confusing...

Main Point: Where are Star Fox Wii or F-Zero Wii?

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
F-Zero Wii.............................I want it so badly..................
Unfortunately, I never red two lines about it and it's never got mentioned at any convention.
I still hope for it.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
F zero would be too hardcore for the wii audience, and it'd probably be ruined if they tried to cater for the more casual audience which is now their major market.

You can still play f zero x on virtual console though

Tonitonichopchop

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Star Fox would be great for wii. Control with the analog stick, shoot with A and the pointer to aim (Interchangable with a gc controller for the hardcore audience who wants the classic experience). Too bad SF seems to be dying...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soulstrom said:
Is anyone else wondering when the forgotten 2 major series of Nintendo platform games are gonna show up on the wii?

That sounded confusing...

Main Point: Where are Star Fox Wii or F-Zero Wii?
Pretty much once a month someone asks the same question here over and over.

You'd think Nintendo would take notice? That or they know that they would sell poorly, which they would.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I see it with Nintendo these days, they would rather slap together some cutesy kiddie game than actually put any effort into something like Star Fox or F-Zero. They KNOW the hardcore crowd would pick apart every little flaw in either of those games, so they make cutesy/casual/noob games for people that, for the most part, they will never hear from because the casual/noob crowd aren't as particular as hardcore gamers, nor as vocal.

DrHectic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, most people would just pirate it. There's really no incentive for Nintendo to make them, there's no market for those games anymore since the hardcore market is now either negligible and/or just people who pirate the games.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Rayder said:
The way I see it with Nintendo these days, they would rather slap together some cutesy kiddie game...

Custsier and kiddier than furry animals playing laser space wars?
smileipb2.png

Nintendo have always been about twee fantasy worlds and there's nothing wrong with that at all as long as the games are imaginitive and fun.

Sir_Shaggy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you played the last game cube Starfox Assault, it wasn't that great of a Starfox game in my option, and the storyline didn't leave much room for a sequel. The 3rd person on foot battles were horrible. It really took out the flow of the game. If they want to bring Starfox back I believe they should start a new generation of the Starfox team or a reboot of the storyline without Andross.

For F-Zero I played the SNES, GBA, and N64 versions but still haven't played the GX for the game cube so I really can't comment on it too much, but I heard it was a very challenging game. I think if they brought F-Zero to the Wii, Nintendo would tame it down the controls kinda like the automatic / manual settings for Mario kart Wii. For the veterans of the series they would probably dislike an easy F-Zero.

Julian Sidewind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they did make a star fox for wii i would hope they got rid of the on foot gameplay and just kept it more like star fox 64, as for f-zero, they seem to have been taking the same approach to the newer ones as they did with the older ones, with the exception of scenario missions and ship creation, but those aren't a bad thing. As long as there's' no weapon system, im happy...makes it htat much more challenging.

hughjass

Trophies
Website
www.marcreeves.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Rayder @ Jan 25 2010, 02:20 PM) *
The way I see it with Nintendo these days, they would rather slap together some cutesy kiddie game...

Custsier and kiddier than furry animals playing laser space wars? smileipb2.png

Nintendo have always been about twee fantasy worlds and there's nothing wrong with that at all as long as the games are imaginitive and fun.

In response to BlueStar, I don't think that's the point Rayder is trying to make. The point being, that it's much easier for and quicker for nintendo to knock another 'Wii something or other' title than it is to devote time, money, effort and most of their resources to another starfox or f-zero or whatever.

Same goes for all the 3rd party developers. Which is why the wii is a shovelware magnet. Granted, there is a truckload of awesome games for the wii, but theres also twice as many shit titles, so it people see more shit than good stuff out there, even though there's tons of great games on the wii.

Julian Sidewind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I would have to disagree...most, if not all, of the first party games are amazing quality and hardly thrown together...its all the third party crap that is thrown together. If it's made by nintendo, it's going to be respectable. Look at Twilight princess, mario galaxy, mario kart, new super mario bros, smash bros...the only games that look like nintendo didnt take much time for are the wii sports and wii music games, and even then, theyr a lot better than most third party crap.

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sir_Shaggy said:
If you played the last game cube Starfox Assault, it wasn't that great of a Starfox game in my option, and the storyline didn't leave much room for a sequel. The 3rd person on foot battles were horrible. It really took out the flow of the game. If they want to bring Starfox back I believe they should start a new generation of the Starfox team or a reboot of the storyline without Andross.

For F-Zero I played the SNES, GBA, and N64 versions but still haven't played the GX for the game cube so I really can't comment on it too much, but I heard it was a very challenging game. I think if they brought F-Zero to the Wii, Nintendo would tame it down the controls kinda like the automatic / manual settings for Mario kart Wii. For the veterans of the series they would probably dislike an easy F-Zero.

To be honest, SFA was terrible but the multiplayer was fun as hell. Because of the huge maps, a lot of different weapons and the fact that you could of go in and out of vehicles like if it was some GTA game. So if they do make a newer one, I hope they make it more better with online play, 8 players =). A better story first of all cause SFA's story was just shit... terribad lolz. But the multiplayer was addictive.

F-Zero GX was really good and if they do make a newer one, they should add more scenarios in the story cause GX only had 10 BUT it was really long and had really hard parts in the story. Should make it online also. How cool would it be to drive around with your own custom vehicle with other people online.

Finally, Star Fox is a dying series, and we should all know that. What I thought a while back was that Nintendo stopped making Star Fox and just put them in the Smash bros series, that's what I thought before but I hope this idea will not happen.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Nintendo should just outsource game development for both games to a good studio. I could see High Voltage and their Quantum3 engine doing wonders with F-Zero's graphics. Considering how smooth they were in The Conduit (don't give me shit on "OH THE CONDUIT LOOKED TERRIBLE" because it's one of the best looking Wii games), I could definitely see zooming thousands of miles an hour down a huge, flashy area.

As for Star Fox, I say make New Play Control! Star Fox Assault at least. They could add more levels, use Wiimote pointer controls for better aiming, and fix a lot of the problems that the game originally had.

For the storylines for both of them, does anyone care? Neither had deep storylines.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Look at it from another side. Nintendo has already rolled out many of their usual IPs for the Wii: 3D Mario, 2D Mario, Paper Mario, Mario Party, Mario Kart, 2 (Almost) Zeldas, 1-and-a half Metroid Prime game, Smash Bros, Excite (Bike/Truck/Bots) Series, A tie-in Donkey Kong game, a number of Nintendo characters based sports games, even revived Sin and Punishment. But they keep saying they gonna support the Wii for a long time. So I'm pretty sure they have those in the sleeve- F-Zero, Star Fox, Kirby and Pikmin 3, maybe a more platformer-like Donkey Kong (like Jungle Beat). Then this makes sense - in 2010 they release Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid Other M and Zelda. Everyone's happy. And then they live about 2 years off those I mentioned. 5 well-known IPs for 2-3 years- quite all right.

I can't agree about the casual crowd. They can make the actual game rather easy and enable multiple difficulty settings. Or unlockables. Different routes. Different control modes. Online. It's not that difficult. Miyamoto was saying something about making usual IPs accessible and hardcore-appealing at the same time. Worked pretty good for Mario Kart, NSMB, MP3: Corruption, SSBB.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think that StarFox would do quite well. The games were almost always amazing and the game play seems perfect for the Wii. I see no reason why there isn't a StarFox on the Wii.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
I personally think that StarFox would do quite well. The games were almost always amazing and the game play seems perfect for the Wii. I see no reason why there isn't a StarFox on the Wii.

Because Star Fox doesn't sell to casual gamers. I mean, it took a huge marketing campaign to make NSMB Wii "casual" (side note, Super Guide doesn't make anything casual. It's a useless feature), but that's also because Mario is goofy and friendly. Star Fox is shooting people down and while it's got a somewhat lighthearted script, it still racks up a T rating, which seems to be "too much" for casual gamers. F-Zero is just a little too extreme, with tons of speed, a hardcore soundtrack, and lots of badass racers, compared to the goofy kart racing or Mario Kart. They're just franchises destined to doom with Nintendo's stepping away from hardcore games and their new push for family friendly, "anyone can play" games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro