Hacking Stability on SX Core clones?

Chai_09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is the stability on these SX core clones, I have heard things such as people cannot boot into atmosphere anymore after using it after a couple days. I have heard that there is slow boot times. I have also heard it can fry the switch, not sure how true that is though.

So are these clones for the long term. Will they work just as well as the legit sx clones?

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP
What is the stability on these SX core clones, I have heard things such as people cannot boot into atmosphere anymore after using it after a couple days. I have heard that there is slow boot times. I have also heard it can fry the switch, not sure how true that is though.

So are these clones for the long term. Will they work just as well as the legit sx clones?
Are you talking about the Chinese clones?

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have heard things such as people cannot boot into atmosphere anymore after using it after a couple days. I have heard that there is slow boot times. I have also heard it can fry the switch.

Those exact same things were said about original versions. There can be random long boot times with TX chips so I would take that with a grain of salt. In the end it really comes down to how well a person's soldering skills are. Chips don't just stop working after a few days unless it involves cold soldering joints or something else that created a bad install.

Chai_09

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Those exact same things were said about original versions. There can be random long boot times with TX chips so I would take that with a grain of salt. In the end it really comes down to how well a person's soldering skills are. Chips don't just stop working after a few days unless it involves cold soldering joints or something else that created a bad install.
So these HWFly ones would be just as good as buying the legit sx cores?

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So these HWFly ones would be just as good as buying the legit sx cores?

From what I've read a problem with the clones is the packaging. They don't come in a padded box like TX's did it's just shipped in an anti-static bag. By the time it gets to you it might arrive with damaged ribbon cables. Visually it all looks the same except they've removed all branding and the FPGA on the clone is labeled. Ever since the OG Xbox days I've always known TX to have had high quality standards when it came to chips and packaging. With clones they will always cut corners where they can, especially with packaging. With that said you can't really cut corners when it comes to FPGA chips. I've only had my SX Core for about a year now so we can't really say how reliable the originals are over time either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F