ROM Hack WIP SSBU Amiibo Editor

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to decrypt them yes, if using the editor for that you would decrypt the amiibo .bin file, then edit the decrypted .bind file with a hex editor like HxD and then use the editor to reencrypt and restore the edited .bin for testing. Be sure to post your findings as we still don't know the combinations for the personalities and it would help a lot to have more data to crunch.
I figured it out through trial and error :) also found out 256 million+ XP is where lvl 50 is at. Can confirm that if you set the values between 168 & 1A1 all to FF, you get a Daredevil Amiibo that taunts like crazy!

tomorrow after work i plan on using multiple amiibos to discover personalities.

Last edited by Etrius_LeoVinci,

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wanderer0891
Okay, after 2 days of work i'm back with an update.

First Approach: I taught 3 Amiibos myself. Link, Wolf, Lucas. End result, each Amiibo had the same personality type, Enthusiastic. So i tried to use this to my advantage! i looked into the code of each, to my surprise there where 5 bytes in a row that all matched to each Amiibo, and a 3 in a row that matched as well. To see if this was what made "Enthusiastic", i copied the lines and pasted them to the corresponding spot on a blank Amiibo, leaving the rest of the data 00. Result, it came up as "Sly" on each Amiibo... So i scratched that approach as it was waaaaay too time consuming!

Second Approach: I went to Random.org and selected the random Hexadecimal option with 57 bytes (the length of what makes a personality), then i copied the random Hex and applied it to my Blank Wolf Amiibo. i created 100 randomized Wolf Amiibo Personalities and i did not achieve the 25* personalities... some i made more than others. here's the list i achieved with parenthesis being how many: Aggressive(1), Cautious(10), Cool(11), Enthusiastic(4), Laid Back(13), Light(7), Logical(1), Normal(11), Realistic(1), Reckless(5), Show Off(25!), Technician(1), Thrill Seeker(3), Tricky(3), and Versatile(4).

As you can see, i got "Show Off" a lot... i figured perhaps this may be good, being a lot of data on one personality type, i might be able to find what makes an Amiibo a "Show Off". again, im left with no answers.. they're all to my eyes just as random and sparse. looking at the frequency of how often "Show Off" appeared, i believe it could be related due to it being randomized! the more sparse the data, the more chance it being "Show Off".

I can make a text file for anyone who wants the data on Show Off or any personality types if you'd like to assess it yourself. hopefully find some relevance. one thing i'm curious about, can you achieve all personality types without use of spirits?

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hex offset at 00000181 = Taunt. its hex's value represents its frequency. so setting the byte to "10" a decimal of 16 as you all know, the Amiibo will taunt very little. maybe about 15% on every kill and launch. where as any decimal that is above 100 value is going to taunt almost every death and launch, probably 80%. 160 and above is for sure a taunt every death and launch, maybe even after just a simple hit. and 200-255 just about taunts every hit and will even take a punish just to execute the taunt...

so its comforting to know its valued based, as everything else will follow a value system as well, say 'how often they jump', 'how often they grab', 'how close they are to you', etc. only until each byte's function is understood will anyone be able to understand how the personality type is determined.

ill be back again soon with another discovery! test out the offset yourself!

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Etrius_LeoVinci

I should be able to actually get some testing in now that its the weekend.
256376832 experience is what I have for level 50 also.
It should be possible to obtain all personalities without spirits.
Something else I've heard is that when an amiibo reaches level 50 it gains the Enthusiastic personality for some reason.
I am slightly worried though that if personality data is combined with move data getting a baseline for the editor will be extremely difficult, adding primary type will at least be easy.
Taunting being at offset 181 is good to know, another thing mapped out.
I was debating training up a fresh level 1 amiibo with learning set to off and attempt to get some baseline personalities but I'm still thinking on the idea.
I would like to see the data to look it over to try to find a pattern.

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Etrius_LeoVinci

I should be able to actually get some testing in now that its the weekend.
256376832 experience is what I have for level 50 also.
It should be possible to obtain all personalities without spirits.
Something else I've heard is that when an amiibo reaches level 50 it gains the Enthusiastic personality for some reason.
I am slightly worried though that if personality data is combined with move data getting a baseline for the editor will be extremely difficult, adding primary type will at least be easy.
Taunting being at offset 181 is good to know, another thing mapped out.
I was debating training up a fresh level 1 amiibo with learning set to off and attempt to get some baseline personalities but I'm still thinking on the idea.
I would like to see the data to look it over to try to find a pattern.

If you reset an Amiibo to lvl 1, turn learning off and train it to 50. It will remain all 00 for each 58* bytes of data that represent personality (168-1A1). Tried it myself.

Btw, tip on fast training your Amiibo to 50 in 25min through the game (not changing xp with editor). Do 5min first to 5 wins match up with a Lvl 9 (or yourself), after the match, youll be lvl 26-28, immediately back out from the map selection, then rule set, and go back to the Amiibo place. You'll turn lvl 49-50. Its an xp glitch...

Anyway! somethings do differ from a lvl 1 blank amiibo to lvl 50 who has trained with learning off! It's not in the personality data as mentioned before. offset 0B0 changed from 05 to 02. Offsets 14E-14F changed from 00 00 to CD 0A. Offset 161 from 00 to 20, offsets 156-157 from 00 00 to A7 07. And finally, offsets 008 - 027 all changed from it's original value (different for each amiibo), most a value higher than the original in terms of decimal value. I've checked to see if this was related to level / XP difference and it's not.

Also I've made a mistake. I've been randomly generating 57 bytes from 168-1A0 instead of 1A1 I'm an idiot! Its 58 bytes! Gaaaah!! I can still send the data of "Show Off" to you in a text file if youd like. But I'm not sure if itll change its personality type by adding the additional byte...

Rather than testing the 100 personalities I've already generated with the additional byte. I'm gonna do another 100 randomly generated personality types and see if that changes anything! I can atleast lay out the ground work for those who are more knowledgeable.

Reactions: JHarris

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wanderer0891
I redid 100 randomly generated Amiibo Personalities. here's what i received and its frequency: Aggressive(1), Cautious(8), Cool(3), Enthusiastic(6), Flashy(1), Laid Back(14), Light(15), Logical(1), Quick(2), Reckless(6), Show Off(21), Technician(1), Thrill Seeker(2), Tricky(2), Versatile(4). so a bit more sparse and i even achieved some new ones! Show Off is as usual. ive made a .txt file with all the Show Off Personalities data.

only did little trial and error discovery so far, wanted to correct my mistake with 168-1A1 first and get you that data. but i have found out that the first 5 bytes giver or take are responsible for amiibos attack frequency. i set the first 10 bytes to 00. the amiibo doesnt attack at all. nothing. even at a highly trained level 50 who's usually kicking ass, only jumpes all around you, rolls, and will even dodge attacks. been playing around with the first 5 bytes and it seems theyre correlated to one another. ive been taking notes, ill have a full update tomorrow.

Lemme know what you find! ask for any notes or data i might have, ill be happy to share!

Attachments

• 21 Show Off Personality Data.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 224

Wanderer0891

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately I didn't have as much time as I would have liked for this weekend but oh well.
My experiment attempt didn't work out as I wanted, I tried setting the first five bytes from 168 to 16C to 01 with the other four bytes being 00 on 5 separate amiibo in an attempt to figure what byte does what but got the Sly Personality on all 5 of them. I'll try attacking from another angle with spirits I think as those guarantee a personality.
I did discover that offset 1A3 is what Fighter Color you choose for your amiibo and presumably goes from 0 to 7.
I tried looking through the Show Off Personality Data but couldn't see a pattern.
I'm not sure what offset 1A2 but I've noticed it seems to stay at 0.
I had been using 3 minutes 5 win matches for my amiibo training to level 50 but I've switched to 6 minutes to make sure that my amiibo fully level up. I do hope the experience multiplier is one thing they never patch out if it is a glitch.
We're kinda making progress I think, if anyone else wants to try to help by all means do so.

Etrius_LeoVinci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my discoveries this weekend. Offset 171 is grabbing. That too seems to be valued based.

However I've also been trying to crack the first 4 offsets (168-16C), still up in the air. Setting it up with 1E 00 FF 00 with an amiibo that only focuses on tilts. The amiibo did not attack at all,same as if the first was 00. But setting it to 00 1E FF 00, amiibo attack just as it should. Didnt notice a frequency difference.

I decided to try something else. I taught my cloud amiibo to only do up tilts. Litterally all it does, maybe a neutral b, maybe.. did the per usual, set 10 bytes to 00. See if it changes. Eventually I got it!.... sorta... 18B is the offset. Seems to only affect neutral A attacks imo. Heres why, setting to 00 made my amiibo to just neutral a and n-air. It was honestly 5050 on what it chose. So it seems to default to it's original AI. Setting it to a value of 30 (1E), made it go back to up tilts but sometimes natural A if the attack fails. Setting the value higher that 80 will basically make it do uptilts only. What this tells me is that somewhere in its data, it learned that the 'attack buttons' 1st priority is up-tilt. And any other value is (d-tilt, s-tilt, n-a, n-air) are low low low prioritization, Because I didnt teach him that. So offset 18B imo is just a value system based on the priority list its learned with A button.

Next I'll try something simple like jumping or shielding or easy things like that. Just want to remove as many easy things as I cant to better help me find the more difficult byte functions.

If anyone else wants to take a crack at it please do! Let us know your discoveries, Let's solve this puzzle together!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Wanderer0891 hey, should we start a new page for SSBU Amiibo Personality Discovery? I feel like we're no longer on the subject of this post. Plus it might attract more like minded individuals who want to learn more about Amiibo Personalities. Lemme know what you think.

shadowscale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm completely stupid when it comes to anything outside of semi-advanced command-line, how do I populate pyamiibo? The git command doesn't exist for windows, so I'm feeling that I'd have to do something in a Linux terminal?

Mikefrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no clue how coding works and I have no idea how the encrypting and decrypting works, but I have a ton of free time to train and upload amiibo by the ton if you need test subjects. The .exe wasn't allowing me to encrypt and decrypt and I'm not getting the same images as you guys, but if someone is able to help me set it up I can put in a ton of time and test subjects for research.

odwdinc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry all, work life balance, Update the read me with a nice guide for install on windows let me know if you are still seeing problem
-Thanks

Mikefrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the new update I am no longer seeing option to decrypt of encrypt .amiibo
2019-04-14 (1).png

Last edited by Mikefrost,

duplicitousfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When decrypting amiibo, it will work for some amiibo but not others. I could get it to decrypt my Fox, but not my King K Rool, for example. I had to use the initial release to decrypt, and when I tried using the 0.0.3 to encrypt my KKR, it'd ask for the file name, but afterwards, the file wouldn't be there.

Edit: I think I understand what happened. It would seem that file size matters. The files I have that are 540 bytes had no problem, but the ones that I ripped with the n2 program are 572 bytes, and the 0.0.3 editor doesn't seem to like that.

Last edited by duplicitousfox,

odwdinc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When decrypting amiibo, it will work for some amiibo but not others. I could get it to decrypt my Fox, but not my King K Rool, for example. I had to use the initial release to decrypt, and when I tried using the 0.0.3 to encrypt my KKR, it'd ask for the file name, but afterwards, the file wouldn't be there.

Edit: I think I understand what happened. It would seem that file size matters. The files I have that are 540 bytes had no problem, but the ones that I ripped with the n2 program are 572 bytes, and the 0.0.3 editor doesn't seem to like that.
humm, I use N2 myself and there all 572 bin files work fine, tested "King K Rool" and saw no problems. :(
if you could get me a copy of the none working bin file i can debug... i would live to find out what up. :)

duplicitousfox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
humm, I use N2 myself and there all 572 bin files work fine, tested "King K Rool" and saw no problems. :(
if you could get me a copy of the none working bin file i can debug... i would live to find out what up. :)
Could just be my installation of the program, then, maybe? idk.

Also, I'm too noob here still to send PMs, but I'll toss it your way when I can. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol