OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox said:
Well, I think I may have found something relating to the RGB5A3 palettes. I don't know if it actually means anything yet. Anyway, the original images onlt have a 205 color palette with one of those being transparency. However after saving it automatically changes that to a 256 color palette with no transparency.

At this point I'm not sure if it's a problem or just a general limitation of the .tga format which would apply to all textures, including the ones made by Nintendo.

Nice! Regardless its one step closer

EDIT: Saving in photoshop, or converting to .TPL?

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, and it will stay that way while photoshop is open. However if you close it and reopen the file you will see that the palette has changed.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Huh. No I never noticed, I'm not even sure how to view the active palette in photoshop, and neither did Ghosteo. Gary posted something useful up on your post on SmashBoards, check it out if you haven't.

Pharrox, Gary posted something that sounds incredibly useful...

Edit: Ghosteo finished another one
smile.gif
I'll be posted a new screen shot for all of you tonight! Also, a lot of work has been done on +2 textures, I feel we may be closer.

Edit2: FIVE characters coming up tonight
smile.gif
Stay tuned!

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the palette change something that would be the same on every OS? Sounds like something Windows likes to do. Try using The GIMP in Linux, maybe that could solve those palette issues? Do most of the editing in Photoshop, but the change the palette in The GIMP and convert them to .TPL in Linux (IDK if it's possible to convert them in Linux).

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox actually may finally have figured it out
tongue.gif
If not, hopefully your idea reveals some information!

Sneak peaks for tonight:

>>I guess the community hates give-aways. Fair enough

Oath

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
Pharrox actually may finally have figured it out
tongue.gif
If not, hopefully your idea reveals some information!

Sneak peaks for tonight:

1) Wander, Shadow of The Colossus
2) A Mario Kart Wii secret character, heavy class...
3) Pokemon! (To complete the set)
4) Pokemon! (To complete the set)
5) Olimar's good friend...

The last three up there are a bit simple, but that was all that was required. The top two, however, required A LOT of Ghosteo's time.

Ghosteo's now on some...interesting...characters. I don't want to spoil it, but lets just say we haven't quite left corruption induced by Phazon...

STAY TUNED!

I've added a Progress Indicator to the front post, which shows how close we are to finishing. We are currently a third done
smile.gif

Sweet! Can't wait till they're unveiled!

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not to be mean man but you are bad at teasing stuff. You basically give it all away. But that doesn't really matter since your stuff is really good.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Dry Bowser! Looks cool, but I don't want to mod my Wii, so I'll just say, AMAZING!

And Shiny Ivysuar and Shiny squirtle, am I right?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, you're pretty bad at teasing, but who cares, it's a day away, there's no 'speculation time'.

I personally hate FF7 and never played it, but guessed Cloud Strife in under a minute.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
smile.gif

I'm not trying to be super-secretive, just build hype
tongue.gif

...usually...

I notice no one has ANY idea what my "phazon" reference was. As you shouldn't
smile.gif

Anyways, Ghosteo's "A Mario Kart Wii secret character, heavy class..." came out _Amazing_, and he made me promise NOT to show it until he arrives back home. So you all are going to have to wait on that
tongue.gif

On the *MEGA BRIGHT SIDE* I _finally_ fixed that stupid damn glitch...I think!

Testing right now
smile.gif

ZombiePosessor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pyrofyr said:
Yea, you're pretty bad at teasing, but who cares, it's a day away, there's no 'speculation time'.

I personally hate FF7 and never played it, but guessed Cloud Strife in under a minute.

This is off topic, but how can you hate a game if you've never played it? I was around when FF7 came out, being an avid gamer, and I thought it was then end of gaming as we knew it, and I was right. FF7 ushered in the age of "fuck story, gameplay, and any other decent factors in a videogame, lets get out the best looking peice of shit we can, as quick as possible" in video games. I liked FF7, it was ok, but it was no FF 4, 5, or 6. Everyone hates 5, but goddamn, if it wasn't for FFV, you wouldn't have the awesome job classes in FF Tactics or any other job class thing. I'm just curious as to how you could hate a game if you've never played it? The fact that it has mass appeal? Or (this is my reason of not liking FF7) because it has spawned numerous crap titles with "Final Fantasy 7" attached to it? I personally don't like the fact that Square is cashing in on FF7 as much as possible. No other FF game has had 5 million fucking shitty sequels or prequels or tie-ins. I hate FF7 for what it did to the gaming industry.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZombiePosessor said:
Pyrofyr said:

This is off topic, but how can you hate a game if you've never played it? I was around when FF7 came out, being an avid gamer, and I thought it was then end of gaming as we knew it, and I was right. FF7 ushered in the age of "fuck story, gameplay, and any other decent factors in a videogame, lets get out the best looking peice of shit we can, as quick as possible" in video games. I liked FF7, it was ok, but it was no FF 4, 5, or 6. Everyone hates 5, but goddamn, if it wasn't for FFV, you wouldn't have the awesome job classes in FF Tactics or any other job class thing. I'm just curious as to how you could hate a game if you've never played it? The fact that it has mass appeal? Or (this is my reason of not liking FF7) because it has spawned numerous crap titles with "Final Fantasy 7" attached to it? I personally don't like the fact that Square is cashing in on FF7 as much as possible. No other FF game has had 5 million fucking shitty sequels or prequels or tie-ins. I hate FF7 for what it did to the gaming industry.

If anyone has the "unlock all characters" gecko code for the Japanese brawl, let me know please

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE("http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php?t=25718") said:
Codes made by eric: (USA codes that also work on JPN version)
Code:
Removed, due to the fact that they don't work.

By the way, absolutely amazing stuff you guys have made here! Keep it up.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I tried that code and it didn't work...

EDIT 1: I may just need to restart my wii

EDIT 2: DAMN IT, didn't work....try number 2....

EDIT 3: Even though that last try didn't work, I've narrowed down the problem to an EXACT type of file, with an EXACT issue. So I'm incredibly close
tongue.gif
This attempt may work, testing....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Jd9ka6fTZUw