SSBB not working, help please !!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by wolf359, Dec 6, 2008.

Dec 6, 2008
  1. wolf359
    OP

Newcomer wolf359 Newbie

United States
    Hello !

I have an original SSBB (ntsc) game, i have been playing it for over a year on my PAL wii with a wiikey and a wii-freeloader.
    A week ago i upgraded my wii's firmware from 3.2E to 3.4E, since then i can't play SSBB. the wii reads the disk, but when i put "play" on the wii menu, the screen goes blue (or whatever color it goes on yours, i mean, the screen goes to aux like if the wii wasn't turned on). Every other game i have works, copies and originals alike. i tried using the freeloader, but it doesnt work either, the screen also goes blank.

PLEASE HELP ME!! I WANT TO PLAY SSBB !!!

2. Egonny

Member Egonny GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    Well, let's see...
    I don't know why it doesn't work with your WiiKey, I thought it was supposed to work regionfree...
    As for the FreeLoader, it doesn't work anymore since 3.3 .
    Try installing Homebrew Channel and booting SSBB with Gecko OS.

3. DcThePurger

Newcomer DcThePurger Advanced Member

United States
    Your fault you updated your wii. You should have done research before you updated because the 3.4 update disables the homebrew channel.

4. TDG128

Newcomer TDG128 Newbie

Germany
    I've got the same problem :/
    Exactly the same: Original(NTSC, US) Brawl; PAL Wii with 3.3v1 and still only the sound is playing, no view, like the Wii isn't turned on at all (so the Wii is still reading the disc).
    However, with Gecko OS it's working.
    But I'm still wondering why it's like this - it should play it without gecko :/

5. nikefreak4eva

Newcomer nikefreak4eva Newbie

United Kingdom
    hi guys im new on here.. can anyone help me i have a pal wii with VER 3.4E installed i have D2Sun mod-chip installed with the on/off switch... i can play copy PAL games but when i put USA or JAP games in-it it comes up with System update i havent attepted to up-date just incase somthing happens to ma wii can any one help add me to msn nike_woven@hotmail.com