Hacking ssbb not autobooting with savemii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mattjd it can't be patched as its an original disc and other original discs autoboot so its just ssbb and burnned disk don't autoboot

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Brawl doesn't autoboot at all even when patched, the game has a built in check and when it finds it and you autoboot it, it black screens with the message "Please Insert Super Smash Bros Brawl Game Disc"

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's more likely that the Wii jsut doesn't autoboot DL discs. After all autoboot is only meant for maintenence discs and those are all dingle layer.

Dippy1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The PAL version autoboots just fine, I've made a DL copy of my original and it works perfectly. The NTSC version doesn't autoboot though, as nutta_nic said, it has a built-in check and comes up with a "Please Insert Super Smash Bros Brawl Game Disc" message when you try.

I have a banner-bricked Wii and was hoping SmashStack would be the thing to fix it, but unfortunately it only works on NTSC copies of SSBB currently. If a PAL version is ever released, I'll finally be able to bring my Wii back to life!

Dippy1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks 25164963, I'll give that a try!

I've never used IRC before...is it just a chat room? Do you need any special software? Or is it web-based?

I'd love to be able to use my Wii like normal again, and not have to make autobooting copies of all my games!

SaitoKojima

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got an idea.

Why not someone region-patch a PAL-Brawl into USA version and then make it Autobootable?

Would that make SmashStack work?

Dippy1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think that would work...from what I understand it's not the different regions which stops smashstack working on PAL copies of SSBB, but it's the fact that the NTSC version and PAL version of the game are different in more ways than just the region.

The game-code is actually different, and this is what stops smashstack working on PAL (or NTSC-J) versions of the game.

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and dippy you can either download mIrc or you can go to www.efnet.org and login to it there if you do download mIRC then you need to put the server as efnet when asked

and yes it's just a chat room service

Dippy1981

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, thanks.

I managed to log in to it in the end, but nobody seemed to be talking...must be the time difference.

Here's hoping the PAL version is almost ready, I'd started to wonder whether it was even being worked on!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo