Hacking SSBB has been dumped by Taiwanese

StacMaster-S

Trophies
Website
www.halolz.com
XP
Country
United States
I know about the whole tweaking the laser to read the DVD9s...but wouldn't this also be a problem for the original disks?

Undoubtedly we'll be testing many different brands of DVD9 discs to see which ones work best with the Wii's laser... since few people will actually be adjusting their lasers.

God knows the Wii is picky even with standard DVD-R's and different write speeds.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ARGH!!

Wiikey team, just let me play the original disk so I can play my US legit version!!!
What exactly is holding the Wiikey team back? They have the solution in the D2CKey, so why can't they just "port it over"?

Kindred

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ARGH!!

Wiikey team, just let me play the original disk so I can play my US legit version!!!
What exactly is holding the Wiikey team back? They have the solution in the D2CKey, so why can't they just "port it over"?

Wow you have a legit US version? Where'd you get that.

If you don't think they'll update before the ninth you really should remove your Wiikey, cause they will either not take that long or not bother at all.

TheWiseNoob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* The Wiikey team didn't even update their domain. Wiikey.com now leads to a page that says the domain has expired. They really must have no spare time on their hands but, I'm satisfied if they continue to fix problems that arise in the future.

D1MX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so like I'm playing SMG right now and never knew it was THIS AWESOME! Feels good to not be glued to the forums scratching my head, and biting my nails in anticipation of a Brawl release. They shoulda made a clone Michelle Kwan Mario HIS SKATING SKILLS ARE MAD ELITE! Anyone who played SMG will know how Mario does on Ice.

(To seem On Topic)

Oh wow, they're taking a break...I guess I'll take a break too. *Goes to sleep*

(Can't wait to hear more speculation and slow updates tomorrow
happy.gif
Ciao!)

frenrihr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah so like I'm playing SMG right now and never knew it was THIS AWESOME! Feels good to not be glued to the forums scratching my head, and biting my nails in anticipation of a Brawl release. They shoulda made a clone Michelle Kwan Mario HIS SKATING SKILLS ARE MAD ELITE! Anyone who played SMG will know how Mario does on Ice.Â

(To seem On Topic)

Oh wow, they're taking a break...I guess I'll take a break too. *Goes to sleep*

(Can't wait to hear more speculation and slow updates tomorrow
happy.gif
Ciao!)

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Word, I gotta go to sleep, I got school and work tomorrow.

^^SHUT UP LOL... Im talking about the 9th!!!

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
*sigh* The Wiikey team didn't even update their domain. Wiikey.com now leads to a page that says the domain has expired. They really must have no spare time on their hands but, I'm satisfied if they continue to fix problems that arise in the future.

The Wiikey site has been down for ages because of "hackers." The Wiikey team is still in business, just not working through their site.

TheWiseNoob

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

The Wiikey site has been down for ages because of "hackers." The Wiikey team is still in business, just not working through their site.

I know. I was just pointing out that their domain expired. They no longer own wiikey.cn.

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what really worries meis that even the original game is not working (for now) on Wiis with Wiikeys. I wanted to buy the game...

Yeah. Heck... especially the way mine had to be installed... I can't even uninstall mine as far as I know, only because a previous group who tried getting the wiikey in before had failed and burned off some of the soldering parts.... so I'd have to buy another Wii if it turns out that it wont play SSBB.

CPOStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cpostudios.com
XP
Country
United States
what really worries meis that even the original game is not working (for now) on Wiis with Wiikeys. I wanted to buy the game...

Clearly aren't worried enough to do some reading: the Wiikey team has yet to update their chip to support dual layer, and they are specifically looking at Brawl. Apparently they are working on a fix. I'm done with this topic though, I'll check for updates or post if I have any. But seriously, probably 5/40 pages are legitimate updates or questions. Sometimes the same question is asked on the same page...

fthepress

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
For those of you who are just getting into this topic, here is an udpate

THE TAIWANESE DUMP DOES NOT WORK. so it is a FAKE!!!
here is proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I7ohpqPUZU

Welcome to 6 hours ago.

There're too many reasons may cause his failure as the video showed.

1. It's NOT a JP Wii.
2. Do not install the update in the original ssbb disc.
3. Dumping error in the SD card
4. Buring error
5. loading error
.. more error

Any way, dumped iso using the Taiwanese way can display the logo in the menu screen
lecture.gif

you can not say the TAIWANESE DUMP is a fake just base on this failure vid

kagelump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

here is proof

Welcome to 6 hours ago.

1. It's NOT a JP Wii.
4. Buring error
5. loading error
.. more error

Any way, dumped iso using the Taiwanese way can display the logo in the menu screen
lecture.gif

qft

its quite ignorant to completely dismiss it as a fake, since parts of the story match, and anything really could've influced the difference between the op and the video (possible different parts were dumped by these two people, unlikely, but possible)

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

here is proof

Welcome to 6 hours ago.

1. It's NOT a JP Wii.
4. Buring error
5. loading error
.. more error

lecture.gif

or... how about the reason the guy said on the video. it was only one layer of the game, maybe?

ohnoeee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope there will be another quick alternative to get it quickly other than frick'n IRC...
I've been trying to figure that stuff out and it's just too inconvenient.
I'll probably have to wait for a BT/RS/or MU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...