Hacking SSBB - Freeze on Wii (USB GX) but not on dolphin!

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[this is a quote from my thread on RVlution forums]
thethiny said:
Hi,
I have a full list of modded characters, however only 2 of them actually Freeze the wii:
1-Daisy (Over Peach costume 2)
2-Daisy & Peach (Over Ice Climbers Costume 4)

For Daisy, whenever anyone hovers over the icon (or presses A or B to change costume and highlights Daisy) the game freezes.
Tried going into Training mode and setting Me against Peach, when I summon a 2nd CPU (so it would choose Daisy as the next costume) the game freezes.

For Daisy & Peach, I downloaded this online, then I copied it and replaced Daisy with Peach, so it is called Peach & Daisy. Peach & Daisy worked. But the Original Daisy & Peach freezes the game when highlighted or chosen.
When I enter training mode and summon multiple CPUs, when Daisy & Peach are summoned they appear as the original costume of ice climbers ( since I only changed the .pcs not the .pac since I didn't find one and don't know how to make one).

So anyone knows what might be the problem? first I thought it was a RAM issue since the Wii wasn't able to load much data, then I found out that Daisy is less size than Dry Bowser (a working mod). Also when loading 4 Mods (each is bigger than Daisy in Size) , Dry Bowser / Baby Mario / Baby Luigi / Shadow , they load fine, so it can't be a RAM issue.

So any help? I can send you the files I have so you can look through them.
Also Dolphin works correctly no freezing...

thanks

Edit: Found potential issue, in Daisy's Files, the .pcs has the model name Peach00 (even though it is Peach 2nd costume which I don't think is a problem). but the .pac has the model name Daisy Dress.
so maybe mismatching .pcs with .pac names makes the wii unable to load it and freeze? still doesn't explain how Dolphin loads it.

Update: matched the pac and pcs of daisy and other characters, still freezing, now more characters are freezing, Ganondorf Custom 05, Sonic Custom 04. so a total of 4 freeze, and as a coincidence (or maybe not :wtf:) they are all on the third row.

Still the game freezes at some points, such as reaching classic battle level 5 (fight against Kirby and Metal Kirby). And freezes at 90/65/40/15 in 100 man brawl, assuming this problem is because it is loading one of the 4 corrupted characters.

all help appreciated :'(

Note:I'm using USB Loader GX, so I can't tell if this is a Wii or Loader problem, I tried using d2x 10 and d2x alt 10, d2x 10 seems to load faster, but both give the same freeze effect, maybe the problem is RAM?

if it is needed:
Code:
Base/ISO/Method:

58 / 58 / IOS 58 Installer
36 / 236 / Dr.Clipper's cIOS 236 Installer
37 / 223 / Hermes v5 (cIOS 222 installer)
38 / 222 / Hermes v5 (cIOS 222 installer)
57 / 224 / Hermes v5 (cIOS 222 installer)
60 / 202 / Hermes v5 (cIOS 222 installer)
57 / 246 / d2x v10altBeta
57 / 247 / d2x v6
56 / 248 / d2x v6
56 / 249 / d2x v10altBeta
57 / 250 / d2x v10Beta

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's a problem in the patch itself, not the loader.
But you can try another loader to see if it's working.

How do you patch the game ?
Using a patched ISO or using Ocarina+gameconfig.txt ?

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
patched ISO. The ISO works on Dolphin, but not of USB Loaders. I can only use GX because WiiFlow and cfg don't detect the games.

Tried using Gecko and everything works except for the only character that worked before. Shadow Over ROB!

I have this file which I don't understand what to do with it or what its purpose is:

IC and Sound Bank:
Shadow over ROB 1
* C2858928 00000003
* 2C040023 40820008
* 38800011 1C040038
* 60000000 00000000
Needed for Shadow the Hedgehog

Shadow over ROB 2
* 4A000000 80AD89E0
* 1400008C 00000024
* E0000000 80008000
Needed for Shadow the Hedgehog!

Edit: Everything works fine, I forgot to add the ft_robot module which is the model _^_.
But I still cant understand why the ISO version didn't work, and what's the code above is for.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
The above code seems to be needed for replacing ROB character with Shadow.
It is Ocarina codes, and to enable them you need :
- put the file with the codes in /txtcodes/ on your sd (it should be a GameID6.txt file)
If it's done correctly, the code's titles will appear in the loader.

- in the loader, go into game's individual settings > Ocarina > select the codes you want/need to enable and click "Create" to convert the selected codes into a .gct file that will be loaded with the game.
- in the loader, go into game's individual settings > Game setting > Ocarina : Enable (to load the .gct file)

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, I had them working without using the above codes, but they added the "sounds" which I was missing, I thought they were some AR codes.
do you have any Idea what does the IC mean?

also I found the problem, I'm 100% sure it is the memory, because I replaced file by file, until the max increased size was 1 MB, then the wii froze.

thethiny

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh ok. thanks.

I fixed most of the errors I had, by reducing the image sizes I had, no more RAM errors. but still couldn't resize all, do you have a 2D Heap code?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)