Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
3.1U NTSC-U
Wiikey 1.9g Beta
Verbatam DVD+R DL
Write 2.4x w/ ImgBurn

The image I have of SSBB DL is compressed, and consists of many smaller compressed files (as most images are). Six of those images create an "Corrupt Volume Error" when I attempt to uncompress them. I've tried repairing them through WinRAR, I've also ignored the error. When I ignore the error an iso is formed. I burnt the iso with the new WiiBrickBlocker, the logo appeared on my Wii channels, however the screen drew blank after starting it. I ran the Wiikey 1.3 Config and enabled different regions, saved settings, and reset my Wii. Still nothing. I then took the already WiiBrickBlocker patched ISO and RegionFrii patched it to NTSC-U. Burnt another copy... same thing. Any idea how to fix the corrupt piecez? Or are those not my problem. I should add the corrupt pieces are a few kb smaller than the rest, but not by much. I'm just glad I work at FutureShop and get DVD media at cost.
biggrin.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some people had the same problem. What they did was use the SL with brickblocker to load the game. Once you reach the main menu, swap discs. Change from your SL to DL.

Artimes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Would I have to do that every time I wanted to play the game? And as far as the corrupt files go, do you think I am missing any content?

EDIT: I just keep on answering my own question today. I discovered an application called QuickPar, and learned what the PAR2 files from my newsgroup were. I'm repairing the files now, hopefully.

Prizesinferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would I have to do that every time I wanted to play the game? And as far as the corrupt files go, do you think I am missing any content?

EDIT: I just keep on answering my own question today. I discovered an application called QuickPar, and learned what the PAR2 files from my newsgroup were. I'm repairing the files now, hopefully.

Im trying to do the same thing now and im pretty lost lol

Prizesinferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work, just double click the par2 file that has no volume then hit verify
then make sure autorepair is on and it will do it for you

jackchou4444

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the similar problem. Whenever i tried to use qucikpar to repair it, it wont work. It stills say im missing some blocks. But i have loaded every par2 files i downloaded from usenet. Help? Thanks.

willwest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try different media.... ive noticed lots of people are having trouble with Verbatim DVD+R DLs... try Fujitsu or Philips, they have been confirmed to work.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, the rars are corrupted, if you used usenet to download, they can be fixed with par2's - otherwise, you're out of luck.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
do you need to be connected to the net to repair a corrupted file with a PAR2 file?

It downloaded the files when i did it, so i am assuming yes
NO! QuickPar simply uses the PAR2 files in the same directory as the corrupted files you wish to fix and goes at it if there's enough recovery blocks to work it. If you have a corrupted file and you don't have the PAR2 files (provided you used usenet of course), then download them and grab+install QuickPar. The repair process is entirely local.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.